Valentine's Day a commercial gimmick???

Chirag1809

i m not believe in for 1 single day to express ur feeling, express whn u wish so m against it but yes its now commercial gimmick....

Maverick25

i agree that valentine's day is a commercial gimick because it has been an promotional effort from the companies like archie's to create new consumers

Parugu

Re: Valentine's Day a commercial gimmick???

Yes, I agree. I is the hype created to establish the market

The question must also be related to your birthday. Why do you celebrate birthday because that day is especial for you similarly, valentine day is very special because on that day you pour your heart out for your love ones. When you are easily available then your value reduces so, when you love all day and night its value degrades. That one day is only meant for those love birds and that becomes most memorable phase of the life and i don't think its a commercial gimmick and even if it is, then so many families run their business .

:SugarwareZ-167:

dharmikmoni

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Valentine's Day a commercial gimmick???

If I Was Given A Chance
To Love Again

I Would Still Choose You,

You Mean The World To Me
And Nothing Will Ever Change That.

I Love U

Buyrakhi

Occasions like Valentine’s Day is a commercial gimmick by companies to sell their merchandise, say voters on an online poll Arab Times conducted this week. Close to 40% of the voters held this view.

Mehr41

So everyone agrees that it's a commercial gimmick? Then why do so many people be a part of it?

NalaLyla

Valentine's Day is being celebrated since past few years in India thankfully in an amiable manner and environment though Shiv Sena is quite adamant about stopping people from celebrating this day. But that's a different matter altogether.

This day of love has gained popularity amongst Indians; buying expensive gifts for that loved ones, spending huge amounts on candle light dinner and so on.

Now as per the Assocham's estimates spending on gift items including cards, flowers, jewellery, chocolates, mobile phones, MP3 players and wrist watches is likely to touch Rs 3,000 crore this Valentine season as against Rs 1,400 crore a year ago.

So do you guys feel that:
1) Valentine's day is the only day to express love??
2) Is this much hyped Valentine day a commercial gimmick??

Please pour in your views....
1) Definitely no!
2) Why there is that much hate about just another holiday to treat your SO with some small presents?

Himanshi Agarwal

While Valentine's day is considered a special occasion for many people in love, it is also a huge opportunity for the industries to increase sales. I do not find any negativity in this festival of love and giving.

poornima lagadapati

According to me, love cannot be bound or expressed on a particular day combined with goodies and a dinner date. Love is a divine feeling. We need to feel and live with it for it. It’s a lifetime commitment, how can one day or a moment be enough for it! If you love someone truly make every day a valentine day, every moment special, why to restrict it to just one day! True love is not only gifts and dinner dates. It cannot be materialistic. It’s beyond all this. Keeping the one you love happy is important. Provide security by all means. Respect the person and give equal right to the opinions and weightage to decisions in life.

asndryw

Banned
i think love doesnt have some or the other day to express it
it can be expressed whenever u have that feeling .. it is a spontaneous
one..it is not like u have to express on that day..

mia8184

Imo, it doesn't have to be just a commercial gimmick, it all depends on the couple itself. While love should be expressed every day, why not make it extra special that one day of the year?