Ur chance to become a Film Critic...

gulshan

LETS FACE IT EVERYONE IS SO MUCH INTO FAST PACED MOVIES GIMME ONE MOVIE IN THE LAST 5-7 YEARS WITH A HISTORIC SUBJECT THAT HASNT BOMBED

ankitgokani

MP Guru
well i see movies almost every friday

last week saw mere baap pehle aap it was ok movie at some parts it was hilarious

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I watched Ugly aur pagli, was ok ok movie. Ranvir shorey was good in movie.

Watched the Dark Knight..one of the best movie of 2008 and Joker was damn good in the movie

Now waiting for wanted and wall-e.. :D

ankitgokani

MP Guru
well i have watched Singh is Kinng and i must say it is a very guf muvee akki is the rock star go watch the muvee its too good

username123

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i watched dark knight last to last week if that counts. it was a good movie, but as i cudnt understand all of it, so wont say that it is no.1 movie. but great nonetheless

ankitgokani

MP Guru
well i watched bachna ae haseeno its an average muvee not so good not bad but ranbir is good 3 heroines are 4 tp most good is bips

I watched fashion. Its 1 time watch - good movie. But not so very good like Madhur's other films such as Page 3 , Corporate and Chandni Bar. Madhur Bhandarkar has once again shown his another gr8 research through this film.

Though Priyanka Chopra has most of d role, I like acting of Kangana Ranaut. She was excellent and this is her best acting so far. Mugdha Godse as debutant is ok ok. Arbaaz Khan and Sameer Soni perfectly good and well in their roles. I liked the music of Salim-Suleiman esp Jalwa (Remix) and Fashion Theme. Story line up is also good though at fast pace... but it looks like something is missing there.

U will learn many things dat u might not know about this modelling world....... Madhur once again sends msg to all from this film. If any1 is gonna make career in fashion industry, beware, be strong and be well-prepared.

If any1 watched golmaal returns, EMI or any film, plz share ur opinions here..........

The gr8 1

Door to Door

rating *****(in my opinion)

ita bout a man with cerebral palsy is determined to become a salesman.based on the true story of Bill Porter.
well what can i say...this movie is simply too good.
If you are looking for an inspiartional movie , this movie will top your list.
Strange!!that u might think,coz only very few people know that there is a movie called Door to Door exist.Its because its a very low budget movie(i think , the budget of this movie is even much lower than that of Hindi movie).although low key, this movie hits the right cord all the time.
the potraying of each character, the flow of story(fascinatingly and amazing true!!!) and teh acting of William H. Macy is just awesome.
This is the story of Bill Porter, a door to door salesman for the Watkins company, who has cerebral palsy. The story takes us from the early 1950's up to the late 1990's and shows us the life of this salesman and all the people who he has met and affected, for over forty years

well i dint watch this movie in any Movie theatre or in my TV.i watched it as i was undergoing training in my office and this movie was also a part of curriculum.at first i thought of this movie was another craps, (as it was shown in my official training of Corporate lesson)..and when i start watching the movie , man!! was i surprised and amazed!!!
u bet i was.how could i miss a movie like this...Its simply awesome.
One quotes from the movie : God created us all, Shelly. He doesn't make mistakes
These words are coming out of mouth of a physically handicap person.

So i wish u guys not to miss a movie like this...a documentry sort of movie , but worth watching....!!
mark my words!!

The gr8 1

Flags of Our Fathers

Rating: ****

Its probably first time that two war movies are made by the same film-maker on the same war showing perspectives from both sides... the war of Iwo Jima in World War II was fought between USA and Japan for the control of the island which was strategically essential for both countries... after 35 days of fighting and after the death of 7,000 American and 22,000 Japanese soldiers, USA finally conquered the island... Flags of Our Fathers tells the story from American perspective while Letters from Iwo Jima from the Japanese perspective...

Flags of Our Fathers is based on the best-seller book by the same name, written by the son of one of six soldiers who were hailed as heroes of the Iwo Jima war... the movie is not just about the war but it goes much beyond than that tracking the lives of those ordinary men who became heroes instantly without knowing it themselves... the reason they became heroes was that they were incidentally present in a photograph, which showed them raising American flag on Japanese soil, and gave America hope of winning the war...

So the story keeps shifting from showing the horrors of war to the private lives of the three men (the other three died during the war)... they become very uncomfortable by the status of being a hero forced upon them and are forced to tell lies about the photograph in order to raise funds for war by gaining sympathy from the public….

The striking thing about it is that coming from USA, its one of those few movies which try to show the propaganda done by the US govt. itself... unlike some other war movies which are a propaganda in itself like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Schindler's List etc. (OK, I know that cinematically they are great, but still they have an attitude that America can absolutely do no wrong)

Clint Eastwood never fails to amaze me... even at the age of 76 he's making such wonderful movies and that too in extremely diverse genres... the major strength of this movie are the war scenes which are as real and brutal as they can get... but it loses its focus a bit towards the end which makes it fall just short of being called a great movie... but yet, its very highly recommended... Can’t wait to catch Letters from Iwo Jima now...

The gr8 1

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

Rating:****

It's a story of a naive girl(Anne Hathway...stunning's the word to describe her) who wants to land up as a journalist but actually ends up as an assistant to the demanding editor(Meryl Streep) of a succesful Fashion Magazine called RUNWAY.Anne actually sees this job as a stepping stone to further journalistic offers.

But after Anne jumps into the assistant role,she is made to satisfy every whim & fancy of her eccentric editor....i.e she is called @ awkard hours of the night,made to get Harry Potter books for the boss's kids even before the release etc.So b'coz of all this her personal life begins to slip away & even she can't do anything about it though she knows it....as her job is too glamorous to give it a pass.And finally Anne is selected by her boss to go to the the Paris fashion week which is as big as it can get.Anne's goes there & for a moment she is jus overwhelmed by all this but then she realizes that this is not what she wants & does a complete U turn..................& so on

Recommended for those who want to see a good story interspersed with lots of glamour in the form of Anne Hathway.Meryl Streep does huge justice to her role as she usually does.Thank god i din't see this film before CAT....jus can't get over Anne Hathway :thumbsup:

The gr8 1

Little Miss Sunshine

Rating: ****1/2

I am still marveling at how such a simple story, if treated well, can move you so much... Little Miss Sunshine is such a simple story of a dysfunctional family.. The head of the family (Greg Kinnear) is a failed motivational speaker, his father (Alan Arkin) is a drug addict at an old age, his son has taken a vow of silence till he becomes an air force pilot and hates everybody including his own family, his wife (Toni Collette) is always fighting with him, her homosexual brother (Steve Carell) has just survived a suicide attempt following his failed one-sided love with one of his students, and finally the 7-year daughter (Abigail Breslin) has just been selected to participate in Little Miss Sunshine beauty contest...

So for her to take part in the beauty contest, the whole family sets out for a 3-day road trip to California... and it is on this trip that their personalities clash with each other leading to hilarious as well as poignant viewing... all the members get to know the real importance of family as they finish their journey...

It’s the first major movie by directors Valerie Faris and Jonathan Dayton.... The real soul of the movie is the little actress Abigail Breslin... she seems so natural in the most difficult of scenes... and so cute in others ... No wonder she is the one of the youngest actresses to get an Oscar nomination.. i just hope that she wins too this year... and not to forget all other actors are also fantastic in their roles especially Steve Carell and Alan Arkin...

There is a lot of dark humor involved... the whole movie is so cute, innocent, funny, and moving that it would be impossible for u to dislike it…:dance:

I was really surprised (and happy also) that this small-budget movie has got recognition at the Oscars getting nominated for Best Picture... I know its a long shot and it is the dark horse where movies such as Departed, The Queen, Babel and Letters from Iwo Jima are competing but still I will be rooting for Little Miss Sunshine for the Best Picture Trophy...:SugarwareZ-285:

This is one of those movies which one just cannot afford to miss.... so go see it!!!:SugarwareZ-250:

P.S.: Little Miss Sunshine is already at no. 203 on IMDB all-time 250 great movies!!!!!! :second::second:

vindwi

Hi All

I saw the movie "Public enemies" today.Its a so so movie based on a real time bank robber dillinger.the action in the movie is good and johnny depp has done a good job in the role of dillinger.

varunr2000

i also think paheli...paheli is a fun movie with almost all elements included in the movie vich would make it a success

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Any reviews on the movie "Kaminey" ? The dhan ta dan musical is creating a lot of buzz around that movie with priyanka chopra as the star attractions.

abhi7690

public enemies isn't a great movie infact it gets really boring in the later part of the movie. having such an excellent cast they could have a done a better job a much much better job...
about the movie kaminey the movie is good has a boring second half they have dragged the movie a little bit but over all a good must watch movie.

vinodhs062

hey guys the movie was really nice.....
i saw the movie after reading these posts..............
do post information abt movies of this qly