FEATURES OF FORWARDS

abhishreshthaa

Forwards

Forwards contract are customized contract between two entities to buy or sell an asset on a specified future date for a specified price.

Features of Forward

• Contract between two parties.

• Price decided today.

• Quantity & Quality decided today.

• Settlement will take place in future.

• No Margins are generally payable by any of the parties.

• Customized Contract

• Traded in the over-the-counter market

EXAMPLE:

• An investor enters into a forwards contract to buy 100 Infosys shares at Rs. 2000 each for delivery 3 months hence .

• If the price of Infosys shares 3 months hence , is Rs. 2200 , the investor gains & if it falls below Rs 2000 , he loses.

LIMITATIONS:

Counter party risk.

Lack of centralizing of trading.

Price not being transparent.

jiten005

Banned
Forwards

Forwards contract are customized contract between two entities to buy or sell an asset on a specified future date for a specified price.

Features of Forward

• Contract between two parties.

• Price decided today.

• Quantity & Quality decided today.

• Settlement will take place in future.

• No Margins are generally payable by any of the parties.

• Customized Contract

• Traded in the over-the-counter market

EXAMPLE:

• An investor enters into a forwards contract to buy 100 Infosys shares at Rs. 2000 each for delivery 3 months hence .

• If the price of Infosys shares 3 months hence , is Rs. 2200 , the investor gains & if it falls below Rs 2000 , he loses.

LIMITATIONS:

Counter party risk.

Lack of centralizing of trading.

Price not being transparent.

Thanks my friend for providing such a nice information on FEATURES OF FORWARDS. I also found something important which might be of your uses so uploading here a presentation on FEATURES OF FORWARDS. Please download and check it and let me know your feedback.

Attachments

• FEATURES OF FORWARDS.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 0