E BUSINESS INITIATIVE by MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA

abhishreshthaa

HOW MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA INITIATED E BUSINESS..

Summary

• Mahindra & Mahindra started its E-Business initiatives in 1995. E-Business started with the launch of a dedicated network across 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices.
  • In June 1996, M&M launched its website mahindraworld.com, which was one of the first corporate websites. In 2000, M&M extended the Intranet to three websites dedicated to suppliers and dealers of the automotive and farm equipment sectors.
  • In the same year, it started CRM and SCM initiatives, which helped in analyzing customer buying behavior and product development with the help of data mining tools.
  • All these initiatives seemed to have paid off and in 2003 M&M’s farm equipment sector won Japan’s prestigious Deming award.

“E-Business can be an effective tool in building and maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage, and is helping the Mahindra group forge new relationships with its stakeholders.”
- Ulhas Yargop, President, Telecom and Software Sector, M&M1.

Introduction

• The Farm Equipment sector of Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M)2 was awarded Japan’s prestigious Deming award3 in 2003.
  • It was the seventh company outside Japan and the first tractor company in the world to have been awarded the Deming prize.
  • M&M’s E-Business initiatives, which started in the late 1990s, seemed to have played a major role in the success of the Farm Equipment sector.
  • M&M launched its E-Business initiatives in 1996. It involved both B2B4 and product-focused sites.
  • The B2B site helped M&M to do business online with its suppliers and dealers of Utility Vehicles and Farm Equipments.

The Initiatives

• After the different business units had been created, M&M realized that the system formed islands of data that inhibited flow of information.
  • It needed a strong information technology link that would seamlessly integrate the different islands of information.
  • Therefore, it started an e-biz drive in the company, which was a step-by-step process...

Launch of the Website

• In 1995, M&M set up a dedicated network connecting 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices.
  • In June 1996, it launched the website, www.mahindraworld.com, which was one of the first corporate websites launched in India at that time...
  • ERP Implementation
  • In 1997, M&M decided to implement an ERP solution, which would integrate different business processes and cut down on wastes in the manufacturing chain...

Intranet

• In 1997, Mahindra Connect, the Intranet initiative was launched.
  • The objective behind introducing Intranet was to make all employee and organization related information available online, on a single platform.

E-Ventures

• In 2001, M&M launched three sites, automartindia.com, officemartindia.com and propertymartindia.com.
  • Automart was a joint venture with HDFC and automotive dealers- Sah and Sanghi group...

Product-Based Sites

With the launch of the vehicles targeted at urban customers, M&M launched product-focused websites, such as www.mahindra-bolero.com and www.mahindrascorpio.com

Benefits of E-Initiatives

ERP implementation restructured the whole process of business at M&M. Electronic procurement of materials and inventory served as a boon for M&M as it helped the company in the entire procurement cycle , from supplier selection to deciding on the contracts...

:SugarwareZ-169:

jiten005

Banned
HOW MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA INITIATED E BUSINESS..

Summary

• Mahindra & Mahindra started its E-Business initiatives in 1995. E-Business started with the launch of a dedicated network across 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices.
  • In June 1996, M&M launched its website mahindraworld.com, which was one of the first corporate websites. In 2000, M&M extended the Intranet to three websites dedicated to suppliers and dealers of the automotive and farm equipment sectors.
  • In the same year, it started CRM and SCM initiatives, which helped in analyzing customer buying behavior and product development with the help of data mining tools.
  • All these initiatives seemed to have paid off and in 2003 M&M’s farm equipment sector won Japan’s prestigious Deming award.

“E-Business can be an effective tool in building and maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage, and is helping the Mahindra group forge new relationships with its stakeholders.”
- Ulhas Yargop, President, Telecom and Software Sector, M&M1.

Introduction

• The Farm Equipment sector of Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M)2 was awarded Japan’s prestigious Deming award3 in 2003.
  • It was the seventh company outside Japan and the first tractor company in the world to have been awarded the Deming prize.
  • M&M’s E-Business initiatives, which started in the late 1990s, seemed to have played a major role in the success of the Farm Equipment sector.
  • M&M launched its E-Business initiatives in 1996. It involved both B2B4 and product-focused sites.
  • The B2B site helped M&M to do business online with its suppliers and dealers of Utility Vehicles and Farm Equipments.

The Initiatives

• After the different business units had been created, M&M realized that the system formed islands of data that inhibited flow of information.
  • It needed a strong information technology link that would seamlessly integrate the different islands of information.
  • Therefore, it started an e-biz drive in the company, which was a step-by-step process...

Launch of the Website

• In 1995, M&M set up a dedicated network connecting 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices.
  • In June 1996, it launched the website, Ecole Dentale Landing Page Template, which was one of the first corporate websites launched in India at that time...
  • ERP Implementation
  • In 1997, M&M decided to implement an ERP solution, which would integrate different business processes and cut down on wastes in the manufacturing chain...

Intranet

• The objective behind introducing Intranet was to make all employee and organization related information available online, on a single platform.

E-Ventures

• In 2001, M&M launched three sites, automartindia.com, officemartindia.com and propertymartindia.com.
  • Automart was a joint venture with HDFC and automotive dealers- Sah and Sanghi group...

Product-Based Sites

With the launch of the vehicles targeted at urban customers, M&M launched product-focused websites, such as www.mahindra-bolero.com and New All Powerful Scorpio | SUV in India | Mahindra Scorpio

ERP implementation restructured the whole process of business at M&M. Electronic procurement of materials and inventory served as a boon for M&M as it helped the company in the entire procurement cycle , from supplier selection to deciding on the contracts...

:SugarwareZ-169:

Hey friend, its nice to see that you are providing such a nice information on MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA. Well, i have also got a document and willing to upload here. So please download my presentation and check it, i hope you and other people would like it.

Attachments

• MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA.pdf
    813.3 KB · Views: 9

Vivek Sohal

Abstract
Mahindra & Mahindra started its E-Business initiatives in 1995. E-Business started with the launch of a dedicated network across 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices. In June 1996, M&M launched its website mahindraworld.com, which was one of the first corporate websites. In 2000, M&M extended the Intranet to three websites dedicated to suppliers and dealers of the automotive and farm equipment sectors. In the same year, it started CRM and SCM initiatives, which helped in analyzing customer buying behavior and product development with the help of data mining tools. All these initiatives seemed to have paid off and in 2003 M&M's farm equipment sector won Japan's prestigious Deming award.

Vivek Sohal

Keywords:
Mahindra & Mahindra, E-Business, CRM, SCM, mahindrascorpio.com, mahindra-bolero.com, ERP, B2B, B2C, Ford Motor Company, E-Ventures, Farm Equipment Sector

Vivek Sohal

Introduction

Vivek Sohal

The Initiatives

Vivek Sohal

Intranet

Vivek Sohal

E-Ventures

Vivek Sohal

ERP implementation restructured the whole process of business at M&M. Electronic procurement of materials and inventory served as a boon for M&M as it helped the company in the entire procurement cycle , from supplier selection to deciding on the contracts.

Vivek Sohal

The Road Ahead
M&M is focusing on transforming itself into an effective E-Business organization and with the help of its e-infrastructure it is trying to establish the Mahindra Group as a virtual knowledge community...

Vivek Sohal

Hey friend, its nice to see that you are providing such a nice information on MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA. Well, i have also got a document and willing to upload here. So please download my presentation and check it, i hope you and other people would like it.

Abstract
Mahindra & Mahindra started its E-Business initiatives in 1995. E-Business started with the launch of a dedicated network across 8 manufacturing locations, 33 area offices and 4 branch offices. In June 1996, M&M launched its website mahindraworld.com, which was one of the first corporate websites. In 2000, M&M extended the Intranet to three websites dedicated to suppliers and dealers of the automotive and farm equipment sectors. In the same year, it started CRM and SCM initiatives, which helped in analyzing customer buying behavior and product development with the help of data mining tools. All these initiatives seemed to have paid off and in 2003 M&M's farm equipment sector won Japan's prestigious Deming award.

Vivek Sohal

Issues:
» E-Business, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Implementation.

Vivek Sohal

Keywords:
Mahindra & Mahindra, E-Business, CRM, SCM, mahindrascorpio.com, mahindra-bolero.com, ERP, B2B, B2C, Ford Motor Company, E-Ventures, Farm Equipment Sector

Vivek Sohal

Introduction

Vivek Sohal

Launch of the Website

Vivek Sohal

• ERP Implementation

Vivek Sohal

Intranet