(i) Registered,

(ii) bearer,

(iii) redeemable,

(iv) perpetual,

(v) convertible,

(vi) right,

(vii) non-convertible,

(viii) partly convertible

Almost all the debentures which are listed on Indian Stock Exchanges are mortgage registered debentures. Their face value varies from Rs. 5 to Rs. 5,000, but the most common denomination is Rs. 100. The maturity period is up to 12 years and the coupon rate is subject to the ceiling fixed by the government. The most common maturity period of debentures in India is 7 years and the ceiling rate is being fixed for these debentures only.

The government approved in January 1989, a new instrument called Partly Convertible Debenture. It has a shorter period of 5 years and the issuing company provides buy-back facility relating to the residual non-convertible portion at the option of the investor.

jiten005

Banned
There are different kinds of debentures:

(i) Registered,

(ii) bearer,

(iii) redeemable,

(iv) perpetual,

(v) convertible,

(vi) right,

(vii) non-convertible,

(viii) partly convertible

Almost all the debentures which are listed on Indian Stock Exchanges are mortgage registered debentures. Their face value varies from Rs. 5 to Rs. 5,000, but the most common denomination is Rs. 100. The maturity period is up to 12 years and the coupon rate is subject to the ceiling fixed by the government. The most common maturity period of debentures in India is 7 years and the ceiling rate is being fixed for these debentures only.

The government approved in January 1989, a new instrument called Partly Convertible Debenture. It has a shorter period of 5 years and the issuing company provides buy-back facility relating to the residual non-convertible portion at the option of the investor.

Hey dear, i think you did a great job and your content on different kinds of debentures would help many people. BTW, i thought i should also add something so i am uploading a document which would give useful information on different kinds of debentures.

Attachments

• different kinds of debentures.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 0