companies Listed and total market capitalization

abhishreshthaa

In terms of the number of companies Listed and total market capitalization, the Indian Equity market is considered large relative to the Country’s stage of economic development. The number of listed companies increased from 5,968 in March 1990 to about 10,000 by May 1998 and market capitalization has grown almost 11 times during the same Period.

The debt market, however, is almost non-existent in India even though there has been a large volume of Government bonds traded. Banks and financial institutions have been holding a substantial part of these bonds as statutory liquidity requirement. The portfolio restrictions on financial institutions’ statutory liquidity requirement are still in place.

jiten005

Banned
In terms of the number of companies Listed and total market capitalization, the Indian Equity market is considered large relative to the Country’s stage of economic development. The number of listed companies increased from 5,968 in March 1990 to about 10,000 by May 1998 and market capitalization has grown almost 11 times during the same Period.

The debt market, however, is almost non-existent in India even though there has been a large volume of Government bonds traded. Banks and financial institutions have been holding a substantial part of these bonds as statutory liquidity requirement. The portfolio restrictions on financial institutions’ statutory liquidity requirement are still in place.

Hey friend, I read your article regarding companies Listed and total market capitalization and it is really nice. I appreciate your work and would hope you would share more contents like this in future. Well, I am also uploading a document which would give more detailed information.

Attachments

• companies Listed and total market capitalization.pdf
    873.5 KB · Views: 0