Why Management Professionals Commit Suicide ?

shreyadas

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A 24-year-old management professional hanged herself at her home in MIDC, Andheri (East), on Tuesday.

Nidhi Singh committed suicide between 9.45 am and 10 am soon after her husband Samdashi (25), an assistant manager at a private bank, had left for work.

"She recorded her suicide on her cellphone. She also left behind a note, which was in Hindi but scripted in Roman alphabets, holding no one responsible for the act.

She also apologized to her husband," said MIDC senior police inspector S L Hujband.

Besides, she mentioned she wanted to be a part of both her and her husband's family in her next birth and did not want to hurt anyone."

Do you believe that management professionals are so burdened with either of their personal or professional life, that they commit suicide with no guts to bear the pain or whatever other reasons

what do you think sincerely ?

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Firmly believe that we can't blame the profession completely, even though a profession can employ a lot of peer pressure, support from family could level it well.

Suicides happen all day and all over the country from different fields; I don't think a profession should be singled out and blamed.

This is not true that only management professionals commit suicide. It may possible in any profession. People who can not tolerate the burden of work, family matters, economical and financial issues can do such type of decision. But suicide is the solution of any problem whether it is big or small.

Himanshi Agarwal

Due to the sheer mental pressure of having to bear with all the financial risks, a person enters a stage of depression and tends to suicide

poornima lagadapati

Suicide is a complex multifactorial phenomenon. Among the many causal factors, occupation does figure prominently. Most studies agree that unemployment is an important cause of suicide. Among the working population, studies indicate that certain occupations are associated with a higher suicidal risk than others. Despite the importance of the topic, the literature is sparse .
It doesn't belong to certain occupation I think.

Himanshi Agarwal

Due to the sheer mental pressure of having to bear with all the financial risks, a person enters a stage of depression and tends to suicide

Te profession with the highest suicide rate is Construction and Extraction, with 52.1 deaths by suicide per 100,000 professionals, a rate that is over 200% higher than the average profession.