sunandaC

Consumer means any person who: -

1. Buys any goods for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment (eg hire purchase or installment sales) and includes any other user of such goods when such use is made with the approval of the buyer, but does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose; or

2. Hires or avails of any services for a consideration which has been paid or promised, or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any beneficiary of such services when such services are availed of with the approval of the first mentioned person

For the purposes of this definition "commercial purpose" does not include use by a consumer of goods bought and used be him exclusively for the purpose of earning his livelihood by means of self-employment.

Consumer means any person who: -

1. Buys any goods for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment (eg hire purchase or installment sales) and includes any other user of such goods when such use is made with the approval of the buyer, but does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose; or

2. Hires or avails of any services for a consideration which has been paid or promised, or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any beneficiary of such services when such services are availed of with the approval of the first mentioned person

For the purposes of this definition "commercial purpose" does not include use by a consumer of goods bought and used be him exclusively for the purpose of earning his livelihood by means of self-employment.

Hey sunanda, you article about the consumer is very nice and thanks for sharing it. I am also uploading a document which can tell something more about the consumer, so please check my presentation once. I think anyone who purchases products or services for his personal use and not intended for developing or reselling it is a consumer.

Attachments

• Who is a Consumer.ppt
    5.8 MB · Views: 0