abhishreshthaa

Air India is a state-owned flag carrier and currently the oldest and largest airline of the Republic of India. It is a part of the Indian government-owned National Aviation Company of India Limited (NACIL). The airline operates a fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft serving Asia, Europe and North America. Its corporate office is located at the Air India Building at Nariman Point in South Mumbai. It is the 16th largest airline in Asia[dubious – discuss]. Air India has two major domestic hubs at Indira Gandhi International Airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

Star Alliance announced on 13 December 2007 that it had invited Air India to join as a member. Air India is set to become a full Star Alliance member by summer 2011.

Product – The air transport service

Pricing – Variety of structured price bands categorized on the basis of the various combinations of routes (Short/long distances and number of halts etc.) and categories (i.e. Business class, Economy class).

Promotions – Point of purchases i.e. ticketing counters at traveling agencies, online options (E.g. Membership promotions, couple tickets, Tourist packages for agencies and various other individual and corporate offers)

Place – Ticketing counters delivering services

People – A team of skilled & professionally trained pilots, ground staff, flight attendants, freight movers and packers, security personnel, management decision makers and most importantly, customers.

Process – To avail of the air service, there is online or manual booking of tickets followed by confirmation at security desks on arrival at the airport at least 2 hrs before the scheduled commencement of the journey. After boarding the aircraft, basic after sales services are provided to those who avail of the range of services available. Besides, arranging for passenger travel post landing to the convenient destination, arrangements made if flights are delayed or rescheduled etc are some of the value additions that the airline offers to provide improved customer satisfaction.

Physical Evidence – The service itself

Air India is a state-owned flag carrier and currently the oldest and largest airline of the Republic of India. It is a part of the Indian government-owned National Aviation Company of India Limited (NACIL). The airline operates a fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft serving Asia, Europe and North America. Its corporate office is located at the Air India Building at Nariman Point in South Mumbai. It is the 16th largest airline in Asia[dubious – discuss]. Air India has two major domestic hubs at Indira Gandhi International Airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

Star Alliance announced on 13 December 2007 that it had invited Air India to join as a member. Air India is set to become a full Star Alliance member by summer 2011.

Product – The air transport service

Pricing – Variety of structured price bands categorized on the basis of the various combinations of routes (Short/long distances and number of halts etc.) and categories (i.e. Business class, Economy class).

Promotions – Point of purchases i.e. ticketing counters at traveling agencies, online options (E.g. Membership promotions, couple tickets, Tourist packages for agencies and various other individual and corporate offers)

Place – Ticketing counters delivering services

People – A team of skilled & professionally trained pilots, ground staff, flight attendants, freight movers and packers, security personnel, management decision makers and most importantly, customers.

Process – To avail of the air service, there is online or manual booking of tickets followed by confirmation at security desks on arrival at the airport at least 2 hrs before the scheduled commencement of the journey. After boarding the aircraft, basic after sales services are provided to those who avail of the range of services available. Besides, arranging for passenger travel post landing to the convenient destination, arrangements made if flights are delayed or rescheduled etc are some of the value additions that the airline offers to provide improved customer satisfaction.

Physical Evidence – The service itself

Hey abhi, thanks for your sharing and i am sure it would help many people. Well, I also want to share some information on AIR INDIA so that more and more people can take benefit from your thread.

Attachments

• AIR INDIA.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0