How to Improve GK

MasterPhil

Hello,

I want to improve my General Knowledge so I become good at quiz shows? Any help on popular questions/categories and sites which are useful?

There are many ways to improve your GK. First read the newspaper on the daily basis and watch the news channel for the current affairs. You can buy any GK magazines and book for the historical and all kind of general knowledge.

rosemarry2

MP Guru
Hello,

I want to improve my General Knowledge so I become good at quiz shows? Any help on popular questions/categories and sites which are useful?

As per my Research you should read 4 Things to Enhance Your General Knowledge

Following is the 4 Things to Enhance Your General Knowledge :

1) The Economist

The Economist is a weekly news magazine, edited in London but sold around the globe.

2) Review of Books

If you’re interested less in current affairs and more in general intellectual life, you might wish to consider a subscription to the Review of Books

3) Brief History of Time

The first of our specific book recommendations: A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking, is the best-selling popular science book of all time.

4) XKCD: What If

If A Brief History of Time was a bit too mathsy for you, here’s an alternative popular science book that will boost your general knowledge in unexpected ways.

5) Very Short Introductions

Oxford University Press has so far published 425 Very Short Introductions, which are books of around 150 pages or 35,000 words, designed to introduce the reader to a particular academic topic in a balanced and comprehensive way.

Himanshi Agarwal

Hello,

Watching TV. Surely you watch TV for a few hours daily. ...
Listen to the Radio. ...
Read Newspapers & Magazines. ...
General Knowledge Websites. ...
GK Apps. ...
General Knowledge Books. ...
Attend Quiz Contests. ...
Participate in Quiz Contests.

poornima lagadapati

How do I improve general awareness and general knowledge if I want to participate in debate competitions and group discussions? What topics are important for that? When I read the news, I'm not able to relate it to old news or other information.
Redefine boundaries with #vivoX50Series.
Hey pal,

First of all things that you should keep in mind is ‘General Knowledge’ is a habit. It can not be attained in a day or two. You need to be persistent and continuous at studies if you aim at developing good general knowledge.

You are asking about the topics that you should prepare for debates, that are ‘important’, but trust me pal, when it comes to GK and debate competitions, there’s no particular part or topic that is ‘important’. Everything is IMPORTANT.

You should be well versed with everything that goes around you. Right starting from new bills, new acts or a prevalent issue like naxalism or terrorism to economy, education everything.

And you should be continuous at this because only the you would be able to find pointers on the topic given for debate at the moment.

Now, you’re saying “I'm not able to relate it to old news or other information.” The basic reason behind this is you don’t jot down the important things while you read and hence forget everything a couple of days later. It’s normal. Happens with everyone. But you should not let it happen.

so here are some ways you can opt for improving your gk-

Watch television daily for few hours. une into good news channels such as CNN and BBC for daily bulletin and debates on hot topics.
Also watch game shows (Discovery channel), educational programming (National Geographic) with documentaries, films based on facts, and instructional programming (Food Network) to expand your general knowledge.
Get subscribed to any good newspaper like ‘The Hindu’ and try to make reading the newspaper one of your morning habits. It is s great source of local, regional, national and worldly news.
write what you study, make short notes that you can retrieve whenever the need arises.
Refer to some good youtube channels, they have really good content. One such channel which helped me is education. It has proven to be very helpful for enhancing my GK.
Meet with people who are interested in doing the same things as you do. Have random debates and listen to others’ point of view carefully. It will help you develop a clearer view of the topic. Also, try to attend conferences and talk to professionals.