help..my brain is not working

khan_talha

hieee...i am in a big problem so please help me out friendz...actually our company has launched a new product its a managment software we have our monopoly in the market but the problem is that the price of the product is 75000 and customers are demanding it in 15000..i am not able to find any solutions for this and my boss is making me mad...soo please help me out..our product is related to {genneing} its a process in which cotton seeds are separated from cotton our company has made a software for this process which makes this process much easier...plzzz help...

abhishreshthaa

hey friend, is your product is soon going to be launched in market or it has been already launched?????
can you provide more information about your product like its specification and what are strategy that your company is using to market your product??

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Your brain is not working is not the right title for this topic but yes it drew my attention.

Many companies launch their products without test marketing the product or getting a survey filled to understand needs of your customers. Your company seems to have done just this.

There are many ways to overcome what you are going through. The first one is to probably create a decent survey and try to find out the gap between what they expect and what the product offers. Can you remove some features of your product and get it to a costing which can be offered at 15k?

Secondly, you may want to explore options of trial runs, demo software or subscription based software selling models.

Hope this helped

khan_talha

hello friend yes the product is already launched in the market and because this is new in market customer dont have any options other than buying it from our company and because we have just launched it a month before so company is just usind worf of mouth promotion and its contacts to sell this product....if they will advertise cost will increase drastically company has invested about 35 lakh rupees to make this so they want to gain it as soon as possible

khan_talha

hello kartik thank you for your reply ...actually customers need this product because there productivity increases because of that...but company was able to sell it to only 2 customers in a month time...they are just demanding it at lower prices and because its a software, can u suggest me where can we remove some features from it company has spend lakhs of rupees to make it actually..our tean also suggested them about market penetration strategy but i dont think they are in mood to do it...

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ok lemme try it...<br><br>I think, saying that you guys have a monopoly will be a wrong thing according to me, because you have launched the product recently and your sales are not that great and the market if fully open for this kind of a product.<br><br>Coming to your problem, IT capex is always a tricky thing for a company. since you are saying this product will help in increasing the productivity for the company. So, in this case while approaching the companies you have to show them the long term picture, that how much costs they will be saving after using this product. The ROI will be slow but it will be a good product in a long run.<br><br>So here you have to speak in money terms on how much money will a company save after installing this package. <br><br>Now coming to your features part, I cant really say about the features part, but since its a software u cant really remove the features or else u can chuck off the features which don't affect the productivity part.<br><br>I hope this is helpful.

khan_talha

thanks a lot nilesh thats a good idea i can talk in money terms with my customers but this software helps in process which is more time consuming..it will not save money but time and thus increses there production

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi,<br>If it helps in increasing the production, that also in same time than it saves your both cost as well as time. Cost of per product will decrease, as fixed cost will be low for the product.<br>