Women can demand divorce more easily now - a step towards women empowerment?

manishsinghon

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi guyz,

Women are considered to be the driving forces of any country and/or family. Women, especially in India, are considered to be less powerful. Every day we hear a lot of cases and laws in favor of women.- Women are perceived as a weaker gender. Such laws and/or rules give them a sense of satisfaction. Because a divorce was so difficult in the past, women had to be for no reason sacrifice against their will.

Because the government had realized the torture women had gone through of a failed marriage, have they introduced easy norms. Statistically speaking, most divorce cases are filed by a woman. Certainly, there could be justifiable reasons behind the same.Women empowerment can be achieved by introducing even stringent laws for the other awful crimes like dowry, rape etc.

There have been situations when women want a divorce to get a lawful share of the husband’s property. Even though women may get a divorce easily, the social stigma stays as it is. Women today are still perceived to be weaker after a divorce.

Share ur views.

Tanvidesale

Yes women can now easily demand divorce as women have become more bold and outspoken.Its a need and a positive change in trend.Gone are the days when women would bear the mental torture and physical violence.Today women have full legal authority to raise their voice against injustice happening to them.
BE BOLD! BE STRONG!

Yeah its a great action for women considering that they have been identified weak from the beginning and ruled by man. These kind of regulations get them to feel stronger and give power their viewpoint. Now she is aware of her legal rights and can raise her voice against any injustice.

NalaLyla

Yes women can now easily demand divorce as women have become more bold and outspoken.Its a need and a positive change in trend.Gone are the days when women would bear the mental torture and physical violence.Today women have full legal authority to raise their voice against injustice happening to them.
BE BOLD! BE STRONG!

You know, the fact that you actually feel empowered to break up with a person who she loves no longer is encouraging! My husband didn't work a day after we got married. So I had to earn money and my parents supported our family, but after I got sick of that, I felt that I was ready for filling out divorce forms, tho felt concerned 'bout divorced biases. Now I understadn that marriage should be love-based,where both partners are involved equally.

mrocket

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. :) Indeed a change in trend.

jackijays

BE BOLD! BE STRONG!

i think is wrong to get separated because in life there are many things to compromises have to be done and one of them is marriage

Himanshi Agarwal

Yes, this is a good step towards women empowerment. However, some women tend to exploit this right and simple use it for personal financial gains. I think depending on the case, a thorough study should be made and decisions should be given accordingly, regardless of the time that takes.

Rutuja Surve

Hi guyz,

Women are considered to be the driving forces of any country and/or family. Women, especially in India, are considered to be less powerful. Every day we hear a lot of cases and laws in favor of women.- Women are perceived as a weaker gender. Such laws and/or rules give them a sense of satisfaction. Because a divorce was so difficult in the past, women had to be for no reason sacrifice against their will.

Because the government had realized the torture women had gone through of a failed marriage, have they introduced easy norms. Statistically speaking, most divorce cases are filed by a woman. Certainly, there could be justifiable reasons behind the same.Women empowerment can be achieved by introducing even stringent laws for the other awful crimes like dowry, rape etc.

There have been situations when women want a divorce to get a lawful share of the husband’s property. Even though women may get a divorce easily, the social stigma stays as it is. Women today are still perceived to be weaker after a divorce.

Share ur views.
It's a really crucial topic, though women get the divorce and all legal justice but at the end the society tends to deplete them rather than supporting their life decisions. There i think we as society lack to give them the justice they deserve. I think rather than pointing them out we should start thinking by thier point of view and try to support them. I'v just one request to the society, "If you cannot support them, please don't oppose them"

poornima lagadapati

Recently, on 11 September, Honorable Supreme Court cut down Cooling off period for Divorce by six months under the Hindu Marriage Act 1976 and ruled that divorce can be granted to couples without the provision of mandatory 18 month separation period. Bench of Justice Adarsh Goel and Justice Uday U Lalit held that the cooling off period of six months can be waived off by the courts with the mutual consent of the couples. Bench underlined that Section 13B enables the parties to dissolve the marriage by mutual consent if irretrievably broken down. Hence, it is not advisable to force the parties to accept matrimonial relation if they are unwilling to do so.

According to 2001 census of Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India, under Ministry of Home Affairs, around 468,593 individuals got married, out of which 3,331 separated.
Divorce statistics in different states according to 2011 census:
Hi guyz,

Share ur views.