What's the Future of India?

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
India is celebrating 66 years of independence with a flurry of negative coverage in the international media. The Economist leads with Made outside India (“As growth slows and reforms falter, economic activity is shifting out of India")

Fareed Zakaria’s GPS blog on CNN has an interview with Ravi Venkatesan, a former Chairman of Microsoft India: “India remains a ferociously tough place to do business, ranked #132 out of 200 countries in terms of ease of doing business by the World Bank. It’s hard to see a scenario when India can sustain its progress without addressing these issues.” Embarrassing.

The rupee is at a new low. The growth rate has plummeted. The World Bank’s Chief Economist Dr. Kaushik Basu cautions that it might drop further. Corruption is at its worst. The political future of India is precarious. Infrastructure remains dreadful. Foreign investment is fleeing.

The Gangotri glacier is melting without any attention from those responsible for India’s water policy. The government seems blissfully unaware of one of the greatest dangers facing the country: a monumental water crisis.

As I read the above, I became very worried about what it means to live in India. Do you think we will go back to the middle class snake charmers pre 1990's lifestyle soon?

Awaiting your thoughts.

eventzkaze

To change the India the people of India have to change there mind and think about there country and should take some tough step to improve the wealth of there country

surajkumar

I know Dear you are worry about it. Non awareness is the most dangerous cause of India's backwardness Many years ago India called as golden bird but this time we are not aware about atmosphere and we increase the pollution level by many types also India's rank is very low in economic matter only population growth rate is high .

Nikhilstepper

India can progress a lot we just need to do our part in the development process, never lose hope on our country and hope for the best!

eventzkaze

the main problem is that government didn't understand the problem they just want to make there own money and they don't think about there home land and if it continuous then there would be condition like syria.