What is the Difference between Strategic Planning and Long-range Planning?

pramitsingh30

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Need Detail Information on Strategic Planning and Long-range Planning

Although many use these terms interchangeably, strategic planning and long-range planning differ in their emphasis on the "assumed" environment.

Long-range planning is generally considered to mean the development of a plan for accomplishing a goal or set of goals over a period of several years, with the assumption that current knowledge about future conditions is sufficiently reliable to ensure the plan's reliability over the duration of its implementation.

In the late fifties and early sixties, for example, the US. economy was relatively stable and somewhat predictable, and, therefore, long-range planning was both fashionable and useful. On the other hand, strategic planning assumes that an organization must be responsive to a dynamic, changing environment (not the more stable environment assumed for long-range planning).

Certainly a common assumption has emerged in the nonprofit sector that the environment is indeed changeable, often in unpredictable ways. Strategic planning, then, stresses the importance of making decisions that will ensure the organization's ability to successfully respond to changes in the environment.

bhautik.kawa

Need Detail Information on Strategic Planning and Long-range Planning

Hi,

Jigar, I am uploading a document which will give you the detailed notes on Strategic Plans and Long-Range Plans with difference and you can use it for your project.

Attachments

• Strategic Plans and Long-Range Plans with difference.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 11

rhon21

Hi,

Jigar, I am uploading a document which will give you the detailed notes on Strategic Plans and Long-Range Plans with difference and you can use it for your project.

hi sir, i would like to download your attachment but it seems to re-log in section happening when i clicked the attachemment