Student looking for PGDM course

gargankitmba

Hi All,

I'm a Bachelor of Commerce pass-out and I'm looking to do a degree/diploma in Management. I've got a call from a couple of colleges for PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management). The courses they are offering me are:

PGDM in Finance
PGDM in Financial Markets
PGDM in International Business

Can anyone suggest which course I should pursue. I can provide more details of the courses if required.

Thanks in advance for your help.

bhautik.kawa

Hi All,

I'm a Bachelor of Commerce pass-out and I'm looking to do a degree/diploma in Management. I've got a call from a couple of colleges for PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management). The courses they are offering me are:

PGDM in Finance
PGDM in Financial Markets
PGDM in International Business

Can anyone suggest which course I should pursue. I can provide more details of the courses if required.

Thanks in advance for your help.

hello friend,

As per your question i think you should go for PGDM in Finance coz you are Commerce pass-out and it will be easier for you.

Last edited:

gargankitmba

Thanks guys for your valuable time in giving your inputs.

I have the option for all these streams from ITM College Navi Mumbai. I'm not inclined towards any particular stream but I don't know what are the job opportunities in each of them.

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Do you have your heart set on ITM? Do visit the college and enquire with current students about their satisfaction levels with the institute.

Also check with students from each program. If I were you, I'd try for better institute.

Coming to your current ask, PGDM in Finance should be the first preference as that's a better known degree in the corporate. International Business comes next and then financial markets. However just take a drop for the year if you are not sure about international business or don't have keen interest on financial markets.

gargankitmba

Hi Joel, thanks for your feedback. What's the best way to find good institutes, I see "Top Institutes" lists and they all have different colleges. ITM is the one where I interviewed and got selected. I did meet a couple of students at ITM who were in 3rd Sem and they had positive feedback. But I'm not sure how much campus placement they have. I already dropped one year for CA but no luck there so I don't want to waste another year.

Can I think of doing BBA, not sure if it has the same value and job opportunities as PGDM. You might think I'm confused and in many minds and that won't be false. None of my friends or relatives have much knowledge about how to approach management degree/diploma. Are there any standard entrance exams which many universities/colleges recognize for admission. Not sure if it's too late for that for this year's entrance...

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi Joel, thanks for your feedback. What's the best way to find good institutes, I see "Top Institutes" lists and they all have different colleges. ITM is the one where I interviewed and got selected. I did meet a couple of students at ITM who were in 3rd Sem and they had positive feedback. But I'm not sure how much campus placement they have. I already dropped one year for CA but no luck there so I don't want to waste another year.

Can I think of doing BBA, not sure if it has the same value and job opportunities as PGDM. You might think I'm confused and in many minds and that won't be false. None of my friends or relatives have much knowledge about how to approach management degree/diploma. Are there any standard entrance exams which many universities/colleges recognize for admission. Not sure if it's too late for that for this year's entrance...

Dear Ankit,

BBA course is a bachelors level course. I assume you've already completed your bachelors in management so the way ahead should be a masters course.

ITM doesn't feature in the top b-schools in the country. If you are pursuing a full time masters course, its recommended you try for the top b-schools.

Here's the list of top 50 MBA institutes of India:
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalor
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedaba
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutt
Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delh
Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madra
Indian Institute of Management, Luckno
XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpu
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikod
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorke
Indian Institute of Management, Indor
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpu
Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delh
National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumba
Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Bomba
Management Development Institute, Gurgao
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumba
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpu
Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillon
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delh
Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalor
Indian Institute of Management, Rohta
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumba
Indian Institute of Management, Raipu
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipa
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chenna
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziaba
Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapall
Indian Institute of Management, Ranch
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswa
Institute for Financial Management and Research, Changambakka
Indian Institute of Management, Kashipu
Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopa
ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalio
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumba
Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chenna
Institute of Rural Management, Anan
Indian Institute of Management, Udaipu
Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumba
Delhi School of Management, Delhi Technological University, Delh
IBS Business School, Hyderaba
Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapall
Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pun
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumba
Goa Institute of Management, Go
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahaba
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Hyderaba
Anna University, Chenna
Indian School of Mines, Dhanba
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesr

As for entrance exams, the prominent ones are CAT, CMAT, GMAT, SNAP, NMAT etc.

You can find details about each of them on their official websites. Here are a few:

Welcome to AICTE-CMAT
https://iimcat.ac.in/
Official GMAT Exam Website: Prepare & Plan for Business School
Take the NMAT by GMAC? exam to pursue the career of your dreams!
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test | SNAP 2015

Hope that helps.

gargankitmba

Hi Joel, thanks for your valuable feedback.

I've done bachelors degree but it's B.Com not in management. MBA being a degree course I've heard they are outdated. So I ended up with PGDM as the option as from what I know it has equal job opportunities. I don't have very strong schooling results behind me so the options are sometimes limited.