South Africa Players 'Hurting' After Defeat says AB de Villiers

raj_verma61

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
<h1>South Africa Players 'Hurting' After Defeat says AB de Villiers</h1>

4_1.jpg

South Africa Captain AB de Villiers says his players have "sore hearts" after they lost to New Zealand in the semi-last of the Cricket World Cup.

The Proteas were beaten by four wickets as New Zealand came to their Duckworth-Lewis balanced focus of 298 with stand out ball to extra in Auckland.

De Villiers scored 65 not out as his side made 281-5 in a 43-over match.

"It was an astounding amusement. We're harming and it will take us quite a while to get over this," said the 31-year-old.

"We play for the individuals back home, ideally the energy we demonstrated had any kind of effect and individuals can in any case be glad for us.

4_3.jpg

"I couldn't request much else, we forgot it all on the field. It is truly agonizing - we run away with sore hearts."

Faf du Plessis made 82 after South Africa won the hurl as they came to 216-3 from 38 overs before a two-hour downpour postponement saw the match lessened to 43 overs every side.

4_4.jpg

In answer, New Zealand chief Brendon McCullum hit 59 off 26 conveyances before an unbeaten 84 from Grant Elliott saw the co-hosts achieve 299-6 to win an exciting challenge and achieve their first World Cup last.

This was South Africa's fourth World Cup semi-last thrashing after past misfortunes in 1992, 1999 and 2007.

"My goal is to win games of cricket, to take glory home, and make a difference in the nation's heart. We didn't achieve that. We had our chances and didn't take them.

"Lots of people were supporting us. We wanted to take that trophy back home. But life moves on, the sun will come up tomorrow."

Last edited: