Some Nice shortcase studies

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey i got some good shortcase studies for u all to practice. But dont ask for the solutions, as i dont have it.

case 1: ABC is a fmcg company and XYZ is one of it's distributors . After delivering the goods, ABC used to give a time of 3 months to it's distributors to make the payment. At one point of time the stock market happened to be in a boom. At that time the distributor (ABC)who happpened to be very bold ,managed to sell all the goods in the first month of delivery of a batch (of goods).He wanted to make a
quick profit and invested the money that he was supposed to pay to XYZ in the shares of XYZ.However the market was in a downturn after 1 1/2 months as a result he had a huge loss. Now he had to repay the money to XYZ.He explained the situation to the CEO of XYZ.Now how should the CEO of XYZ respond to the situation?

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Denta is a company manufacturing dental filling products.It produced products of 2 types :
1) a superior quality filling agent which was used to make a permanent filling,
2)an inferior filling agent which was used to serve as a temporary arrangement for special cases.

case 2: The company delivered the 2 products to a corporate hospital HC.However ,due to inferior practices of the hospital , the 2 filling agents got labelled wrongly and were used up in the treatment of patients.But , somehow a doctor of the hospital managed to spot the difference
and reported it to the management.How should the managment respond to the situation?

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
case 3: WBT is a software company in a country where the software business is in a very nascent stage but it was growing very rapidly.The country happened to have a huge supply of quality people but the
unemployment rate happened to be very high.Many people were desperate to get a job in the high paying software industry.So the people who were handling recruitment in WBT wanted to take
advantage of the situation and began demanding bribes from the prospective employees to recruit them . The matter however reached the CEO of WBT. How should he handle the situation?

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
case 4:DB is a multibillion dollar company in USA.It's primary business was building networking gear. It set up a R&D centre in Hungary to take advantage of the skilled labour. AJG is a software company operating out of India . I t bought the Hungarian centre from DB to add expertise in the networking domain,which was otherwise an alien domain to it. The manager appointed by it at the Hungarian centre happened to be very resourceful and managed to get a lot of business from the local companies and many projects were in the middle of their execution . AJG had a particular good relationship with a MNC retailer
which,on being impressed with the work done by AJG wanted to hand over a large contract to it which included a large portion of networking work. Now, all the people in the hungarian centre were absorbed into the projects. How can the situation be handled?

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i'll be posting some more later on. So try to solve this and whatever soln u think plz write it down here, so that others too can see it.

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks Neha. I would appreciate if u too can contribute some case studies on this thread, to keep it alive.

MAXDROIT

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey arny.........goo thread yaar......kash hamre time mein bhi kisine sochata hota.....toh ajj mein highest hota.....chall theek.....mein bhi case studies dalta hu........

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey Venky Thanks Yaar..............
Kisi ne apne time pe socha hota to shayad hum bhi........lekin now we can help others.

vishimani

akash they are nice case studies but sorry i am not among those who appriciate unnecessary just to let spamming go on sorry if you mind but we would have appriciated if you would have given it in word attachmentform thanx and hope you shall be more use ful to we mba people also

vishimani

here i am posting my caselet i hope this can help us all the case let was given to us on the first day of our joining FMS

Attachments

• The global economy in 2004.doc
    21 KB · Views: 7

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
vishimani said:
and hey akash i am a dignified female not a man as you suggested

any way here is my second case let hope it shall again be use ful
ooops i m sorry, i thought u r a guy!!!
:big_grin:

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
gaurav200x said:
Good work akash... I can use them for my GD sessions. Keep posting. I would also contribute in due time....
Thanks Gaurav, i will keep searching and posting but this time i will post it as attachment.

:tea: