SimplyMarry.com

sunandaC

Last December TimesMatri switched to its current avatar of SimplyMarry.com. They started off with a nice bang – full paged ads almost everyday in all of Times Groups publications.

Striking ads – with takes on Veerapan, a rockstar, a bhajan singer etc
Well it surely has gotten SimplyMarry more visitors than TimesMatri used to get.

Well Times of India is still the leading off-line matrimonial service – and if they start listing these on their website for free (I’m not sure if they already do this), they’ll definitely never be short of fresh profiles.

Simple tactic – show the benefit of a free listing on SimplyMarry.com when a person buys a listing for the matrimonial classified in the newspaper and later on try to convert him into a paid online customer.

Take the top half of Shaadi.com and the bottom half of JeevanSathi.com and you have SimplyMarry.com

Not saying that this is a bad thing. ‘Study your competition and copy their best moves’ is an age old practice.

I love the whole simplicity factor though. The simple search has just 3 categories to start off with.

Silver Membership- 3 months Rs 500

Gold Membership- 6 months Rs 1000

Diamond Membership- 12 months Rs 2500

Platinum Membership- 12 months Rs 3500

I don’t quite understand the funda of limiting Diamond/Platinum to 12

months. I guess it’s a nice sales tactic – even though a customer might
not need the product for such a long time.

Well enough of reviewing, let us start with some hardcore comparisons:

Let us start off with some Alexa statistics:

The Top 100 rankings of India lists:

JeevanSathi - 27

Shaadi - 30

BharatMatrimony - 96

SimplyMarry - 240

Well, apparently JeevanSathi is the site which gets the most traffic from
India.

Let us now look at the global reach over the last 6 months:

Shaadi leads currently and has been quite consistent. JeevanSathi and BharatMatrimony are almost on par. BharatMatrimony did see a sudden surge in Mid January.

Now here’s a surprise! JeevanSathi seems to be the site receiving the most Pageviews. I feel this is because of extensive Testimonial readership. BharatMatrimony does have a bit of Ajax, but they should still be commanding higher pageviews! Especially the sudden surge in reach wasn’t complimented at all with any rise in pageviews.

Well Shaadi seems to be the clear winner and they prove it via Compete.com statistics too - where they simply annihilate the competition:

So what does Ranking.com have to say about these sites?

Shaadi.com – 477

JeevanSathi.com – 1317

BharatMatrimony – 2215

SimplyMarry - 11701

Google PageRank - A rank awarded by Google. A score out of 10. The higher the better.

Alexa Rank - The lesser the better

Compete Rank - The lesser the better

Quantcast Rank (Quantcast provides US base site visitor demographic statistics) - The lesser the better

Technorati Links - The more the number of links, the better for a site.

Last December TimesMatri switched to its current avatar of SimplyMarry.com. They started off with a nice bang – full paged ads almost everyday in all of Times Groups publications.

Striking ads – with takes on Veerapan, a rockstar, a bhajan singer etc
Well it surely has gotten SimplyMarry more visitors than TimesMatri used to get.

Well Times of India is still the leading off-line matrimonial service – and if they start listing these on their website for free (I’m not sure if they already do this), they’ll definitely never be short of fresh profiles.

Simple tactic – show the benefit of a free listing on SimplyMarry.com when a person buys a listing for the matrimonial classified in the newspaper and later on try to convert him into a paid online customer.

Take the top half of Shaadi.com and the bottom half of JeevanSathi.com and you have SimplyMarry.com

Not saying that this is a bad thing. ‘Study your competition and copy their best moves’ is an age old practice.

I love the whole simplicity factor though. The simple search has just 3 categories to start off with.

Silver Membership- 3 months Rs 500

Gold Membership- 6 months Rs 1000

Diamond Membership- 12 months Rs 2500

Platinum Membership- 12 months Rs 3500

I don’t quite understand the funda of limiting Diamond/Platinum to 12

months. I guess it’s a nice sales tactic – even though a customer might
not need the product for such a long time.

Well enough of reviewing, let us start with some hardcore comparisons:

Let us start off with some Alexa statistics:

The Top 100 rankings of India lists:

JeevanSathi - 27

Shaadi - 30

BharatMatrimony - 96

SimplyMarry - 240

Well, apparently JeevanSathi is the site which gets the most traffic from
India.

Let us now look at the global reach over the last 6 months:

Shaadi leads currently and has been quite consistent. JeevanSathi and BharatMatrimony are almost on par. BharatMatrimony did see a sudden surge in Mid January.

Now here’s a surprise! JeevanSathi seems to be the site receiving the most Pageviews. I feel this is because of extensive Testimonial readership. BharatMatrimony does have a bit of Ajax, but they should still be commanding higher pageviews! Especially the sudden surge in reach wasn’t complimented at all with any rise in pageviews.

Well Shaadi seems to be the clear winner and they prove it via Compete.com statistics too - where they simply annihilate the competition:

So what does Ranking.com have to say about these sites?

Shaadi.com – 477

JeevanSathi.com – 1317

BharatMatrimony – 2215

SimplyMarry - 11701

Google PageRank - A rank awarded by Google. A score out of 10. The higher the better.

Alexa Rank - The lesser the better

Compete Rank - The lesser the better

Quantcast Rank (Quantcast provides US base site visitor demographic statistics) - The lesser the better

Technorati Links - The more the number of links, the better for a site.

Hey sunanda, thanks for sharing the information on JeevanSathi.com which is one of the leading matrimonial site in India. BTW, if you people want to learn more about it then please download my presentation on JeevanSathi.com.

Attachments

• JeevanSathi.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 1