READING MATERIAL !!

NICE STORY GUYS... Must READ !!

Fwd this story to your friends and make a chain if you want to spread the name of http://www.managementparadise.com

An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican
Village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked.
Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna.
The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish
And asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "Only a little while, Senor."
The American then asked, "Why didn't you stay out longer and catch
More fish?"
The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate
needs.
The American then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your
time?"
The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play
With my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village
each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full
and busy life, Senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. you
Should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat
With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats;
Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your
catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually
opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and
distribution.

You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to
Mexico City, then Los Angeles and eventually New York City, where you will
run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But Senor, how long will this all
take?"
To which the American replied, "15-20 years."
"But what then, Senor?"
The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the
Time is right, you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to
the public and become very rich. You would make millions."

"Millions, Senor? Then what?"
The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal
Fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your
kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings
where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."

"You mean being a Harvard MBA, you have to go through all that to
finally get to where I already am, Senor?"

:lol: :roll: :wink:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Henz and nestles ketchup war !!

Heinz eats into Nestle's volumes
CHAITALI CHAKRAVARTY

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2004 02:02:52 AM]
NEW DELHI: It may not be as high profile as the detergent war, but Heinz is doing to ketchup what P&G did to laundry.

By slashing prices by around 30%, the US company has begun to snatch volume share from market leader Nestle. What started off as a temporary festival offer, has now become a permanent strategy for Heinz India. Some say the company may marginally increase prices in the next few months, but will not take it up to the original level.

Last year, Heinz cut prices of the regular 500 gm bottles to Rs 39 from Rs 55. The drop saw volumes go up and Heinz decided to stick to the price point. Consequently, Heinz’s market share improved from 0.6% (January-September ’03) to 3.6% (January-September ’04), while Maggi’s dipped from 41.9% to 39.7% during the same period.

HLL’s Kissan maintained its share at 25%. Heinz officials attribute the volume gain to reduced price points and aggressive advertising. Though the company declined to comment on future plans, sources said it has abandoned its premium positioning for now.
Among the three national players, Heinz ketchup carries the lowest price tag. Heinz’s 500 gm pack is priced at Rs 39, Kissan’s 500 gm at Rs 49 and Maggi’s 600 gm at Rs 53. Sources said Nestle did not play around with Maggi prices as margins are crucial for the company in the midst of topline and bottomline pressures.

Due to excessive competition in haircare, oral care and laundry, HLL would like to pull investments away from future growth engines to defend its profitable ventures. The growth categories, which were either breaking even or making losses, have taken a backseat for HLL. Sources said even if HLL and Nestle did not cut prices, they made up by offering discounts. But Heinz wanted to expand consumer base.

By advertising aggressively, they connected with consumers directly. The price slash has at least stirred the lacklustre ketchup market which had been stagnant at Rs 150-175 crore for three consecutive years, they added.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
My proposal for 100 marks project .

Name : Kartik.S.Raichura
S.Y.B.M.S Div : B Roll No : 13

PROPOSAL FOR 100 MARKS PROJECT .

www.ManagementParadise.com

The Internet has revolutionized the world. It has redefined the meaning of computers, the way people communicate, the way they buy, the way they sell, and the way they share knowledge. It has opened new horizons for sharing a wealth of information, a virtual space for shopping and a platform for people to interact and get entertained. Billions of website are already available on the World Wide Web and more added every second.

The Internet is turning out to be a cyber world. People have started to live in two worlds, the real and the cyber world as a daily part of their life. Researches have proved that many people have started spending more time on the Internet so much so that they stay online 24/7 or virtually live on the Internet.
This can be one of the indications that the future is Internet. Every brand, every company, every NGO in today’s world feels the need to reserve a web space for itself. Not only the globalize ones but also the smaller fish in the sea have sensed the urge for launching their website. Even the educational sector has plunged into this new gold mine of facilitating knowledge and making money on the internet, while some serve as a non profit motive website. There are more than one ways of facilitating knowledge on the World Wide Web. For example: -

o Hosting a website of a college to market it and attract students.
o Selling Educational CDs online
o Live ONLINE distance learning
o Setting website forums to interact and cater to needs of students.
o Making available E-books or Selling E-Books (electronic books).
o Non-profit motive website to provide reference notes, study material, reading material etc.

The above were just some of the ways of facilitating knowledge.

For this 100 marks project, I have chosen the topic of studying and researching on all the steps of making an educational website www.managementparadise.com which is designed and developed by me.

The research will mainly be restricted to:

1.) P.R
2.) Website development
3.) Marketing
4.) Online selling
5.) Finance

I have chosen this topic because I have a satisfactory knowledge of website designing and hosting it. Furthermore I find distance learning to be the future of education, which has the potential to eliminate the current rigid educational system and would like to explore this topic .

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Awesome story !!

FWD THIS... IM SURE YOUR FRIENDS WILL LOVE IT

www.ManagementParadise.com

An old man lived alone in Minnesota. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation:

Dear Son,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden, because your mother always loved planting time. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all
my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren't in prison.

Love, Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden!! That's where I buried the GUNS!!"

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad.. It's the best I could do for you from here."

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hey Bigntall... Sure will post more such things as and when i get across them. Im sure other people will put theirs in this forums .
Do me a FAVOUR if you can. Please post in an Introduction about yourself in the relevant forum so that people can know more about you because your signature is quite interesting but does not reveal everything about you.
Keep writing.
Laterz.

tanuja_kelkar

NAIL IN THE FENCE

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag
of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a
nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few
weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered
daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his
temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his
father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail
for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that
all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to
the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in
the fence. The fence will never be the same.

When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can
put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say
I'm sorry, the wound is still there. " A verbal wound is as bad as a
physical one.