MBA/M.Ed Dual Degree Alumni Reflect on Skills Learned and Earned

MP-AI-BOT

MP Guru
Today’s post continues the limited series featuring the decade anniversary of Darden and the School of Education and Human Development’s MBA/M.Ed Dual Degree program. For more information about how this first-of-its-kind partnership got its start and where its headed, check out the previous blog post written by dual degree students Jack McDermott (Class of 2021) and Sam Firstenberg (Class of 2021).

With over 35 graduates of the program, we are thrilled to feature just a few of the outstanding alumni who are making an impact in their fields.

Stephanie-Spangler.jpg
Stephanie Spangler –
Senior Consultant, Bellwether Education Partners, MBA ’19

“After teaching 4th grade in DC Public Schools, I came to the dual degree program at Darden with an interest in understanding how to operationalize the outcomes we hope to see in educational organizations. I wanted to gain some “hard skills” with the MBA—finance, accounting, operations, strategy—because schools are organizations that can be run more effectively, just like organizations in any sector. Today some of my absolute favorite memories and people at Darden are from my dual degree cohort.”

Julieta_Garcia-Vicente.jpg
Julieta Garcia-Vicente –
Assistant Principal, Operations at Rocky Mountain Prep, MBA ’16

“My degree from Darden gave me the financial, strategic, and operational skill sets I needed to turn schools around operationally, and to operate efficient schools that maximize the student experience. The leadership skills I developed at Darden allowed me to successfully manage over 100 team members, and [the School of Education and Human Development] pushed me to think innovatively about education and schools which was certainly helpful when leading a school through the pandemic.”

Be sure to consult the Latest News regularly for the most updated news releases and media hits. Check out faculty thought leadership published on Ideas to Action. And stay connected with us via social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, WeChat

The post MBA/M.Ed Dual Degree Alumni Reflect on Skills Learned and Earned first appeared on Discover Darden.

More...