Looking for Types Personality.

joshi.murgha

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey guys I want Explanation and classification of personality types. Some one like to Share Information on Personality Types.

Kirtisoni

MP Guru
Hey guys I want Explanation and classification of personality types. Some one like to Share Information on Personality Types.

In the 1940s, Sheldon proposed a theory about how there are certain body types ("soma to types") that are associated with certain personality characteristics. William Sheldon (1898-1977) was an American psychologist who devoted his life to observing the variety of human bodies and temperaments. He taught and did research at a number of U.S. universities and is best known for his series of books on the human constitution. He was a keen observer of animals and birds as a child, and he turned this talent to good effect by becoming an avid people-watcher, and out of his observations he gradually elaborated his typology.He claimed that there are three such somatotypes: endomorphy, mesomorphy, and ectomorphy.

Endomorphy – focused on the digestive system, particularly the stomach (endoderm); has the tendency toward plumpness, corresponds to Viscerotonia temperament tolerant, love of comfort and luxury, extravert.
of hundreds of juvenile delinquent boys and concluded that they were generally mesomorphs (Ornstein, 1993).

Mesophorphy – focused on musculature and the circulatory system (mesoderm), has the tendency towards muscularity, corresponds to the Somatotonia temperament courageous, energetic, active, dynamic, assertive, aggressive, risk taker.

Ectomorphy focused on the nervous system and the brain (ectoderm) – the tendency towards slightness, corresponds to Cerebrotonia temperament artistic, sensitive, apprehensive, introvert.

hrakash

Personality determination is very confusing. Directly, the body influence personality by determining what a person can do and cannot do.
Indirectly, a person's adjustment to life are influenced by the way he perceives his body in relation to bodies of others, his ideal as as well as culturally approved standards,and by the evaluation of his physical abilities and disabilities by others.

hrakash

Body type denotes personality as below-

Tall, Thin body builds- Ectomorphss
Round, soft builds- Endomorphs
Strong,muscular builds- Mesomorphs

Well, as per my knowledge types of personality depends on a psychological condition of a man. BTW, i am uploading a document in PDF file which will give more clear information on the types of personality.

Attachments

• Personality_Type(1).ppt
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

idealhr

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Personality type refers to the psychological classification of different types of individuals. Personality types are sometimes distinguished from personality traits, with the latter embodying a smaller grouping of behavioral tendencies.

Himanshi Agarwal

Five major traits underlie personality, according to psychologists. They are introversion/extroversion, openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.