Is current education system creating enlightened minds?

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In older days,education used to what is called as "Gurukul".Ppl used to stay in educator's place and do him service and learn the lessons.This service will bring humbleness,patience,respect and service.So education in older days will bring good habits and enlightment in an individual.But today,ppl normally get education in schools and what they get is only the degree with no qualities.They dunt respect elders and ppl have forgotten what is called as service or helping the poor.So what is the point in earning only the degree forgetting all the good habits.Is the current education system creating enlightened minds?

Pour your thoughts

-Deepak.

trikkums

its just that instis are accumulating money, the bad manners are inculcated in students and profs do not have very high power in them in doing what they can and now in schools like IIMC the recent incidents may contradict my words, but one or two incidents dont necessiate the feeling of being wrong and inculcate goodies into others

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
as of nw current education is not perfect but still gud enuf..theres always room for improvement , but issues such as OBC quota etc seriously need to be addressed..

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i agree dat education system is money oriented but if we dnt make amends...student will fly out seeking better prospects..

gaurav_41283

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes i think that current education system is creating enlightened minds but the quantity is just constrained to a small value

suaveboy

Banned
its just that instis are accumulating money, the bad manners are inculcated in students and profs do not have very high power in them in doing what they can and now in schools like IIMC the recent incidents may contradict my words, but one or two incidents dont necessiate the feeling of being wrong and inculcate goodies into others

savio13

MP Guru
In older days,education used to what is called as "Gurukul".Ppl used to stay in educator's place and do him service and learn the lessons.This service will bring humbleness,patience,respect and service.So education in older days will bring good habits and enlightment in an individual.But today,ppl normally get education in schools and what they get is only the degree with no qualities.They dunt respect elders and ppl have forgotten what is called as service or helping the poor.So what is the point in earning only the degree forgetting all the good habits.Is the current education system creating enlightened minds?

Pour your thoughts

-Deepak.

The current system is very theoretical than being practical.. even the professionals courses stress on theory than giving students hands-on-experience....
This has to change in order for students minds to develop and work differently...

megha nayyar

the education system in the gurukul period was mo9re vague and general, now that studies are becoming more and more specified no one has the time to stress on the moral and ethical values which are equally important. so it becomes the duty of the parents to provide such moral education to their children that they grow up to be responsible citizens.i feel the professors can't do much bout it now

rohannmims

i dont think that current educational system produce enlightened brains.
We are made to learn and not to let to innovate our own ideas.

sachinchourey

Yes literally current education system enlightened our current system of high qualification. As we have realized in previous decade. Education was once considered a privilege for only the higher class. However, during the 17th and 18th century centuries, education, knowledge and learning were gradually provided to rich and poor. So these figure shows that, education system is improving in current period.

poornima lagadapati

Pour your thoughts

-Deepak.
A big no. They are not enlightenment instead dimming the light of clever minds. Everything should be shown practice instead of sitting and learning in between four walls. And the syllabus should be according to current generation going on.

Himanshi Agarwal

The current system of education .. not much.
The system of education that our country follows today was used a mechanism to create employees! Yes employees not entrepreneurs.