Government vs Private jobs

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Government and Private Jobs have few similarities but lots of differences. Gone are the days since we are so addicted to Government jobs and being worried about getting into a permanent job. Some govt sectors have lost the shine now, is it?

Nowadays, we see private sector to be more valuable economically and get into a good position financially.

Share your view please. :)

kiranh23

Govenment jobs are much better compared to private jobs. After the 6th pay commission implementation, the salaries of all the government employees have gone up substantially. And because of the job security there are no worries of recessions. They will get a lot of free time in the evenings which can be used to do the work they love.

paga1

government jobs are better...they provide job security but career growth is more in private jobs.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I was thinking that not many would understand the security offered by govt jobs. I'm really surprised to see that people consider govt jobs to be more secure, but will you really take the job even if you are paid less at the beginning?

6th payment commission does offer good salary but I assume that it applies for those under good experience and not for newbies, which may not be the case for private concerns.

Last edited:

Prash24

Govenment jobs are much better compared to private jobs. After the 6th pay commission implementation, the salaries of all the government employees have gone up substantially. And because of the job security there are no worries of recessions. They will get a lot of free time in the evenings which can be used to do the work they love.

right

Sattyblr

Today if we look at the current salaries offered by the Govt. Jobs in comparison the Private organizations, the govt. jobs have become again lucrative. Also there is lot of opportunities existing in Govt. sector compared to the Private Sector. Additionally the benefits and facilities offered by the private companies are nothing compared to govt. jobs.

rkumbhar

Though there is no growth in government jobs, there is job security and money (over the table and under the table)

Regards :)

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
UNDER THE TABLE

Do you think ANNA HAZARE's events would make an impact to change these happenings?

I'm not sure about higher level authorities but I certainly feel that some offices are now a bit hindered to receive bribes.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
itz very dffclt 2 entr into gvtment job bt ec 2 survive...in d case of private job its juzt oppst of 1

If someone is really talented, there is no reason why he/she shouldn't be able to survive in any sector unless the workplace itself is corrupted.

nimzz

As a women i would prefer government jobs because it is safe kind of job....it can be also stated as a secured job....apart from that there are many other benefits allowances etc...
but if we look at private job though it gives a good pay but the job is not secured....
job burden is der in both d sector...but security is more in govt.jobs...i wud go wid government jobs...