Exclusive! SSR’s sculpture artist Sushanto Roy: I was compelled to make the statue as art binds us together

poornima lagadapati

They say the main thing about art is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live. Apparently, Sushanto Roy and Sushant Singh Rajput have no connection except the one that binds them together – art. That’s what inspired the artist from Asansol, West Bengal to make a full-length wax statue of Sushant Singh Rajput

When we spoke to Sushanto over the phone during an exclusive chat with ETimes the artiste seemed quite emotional as he spoke about his latest creation.
“I had seen his film on MS Dhoni. He was a great actor and also such a talented, education young soul’s demise in such a young age is unacceptable. It moved me to the core. Also, as an artiste I felt if I make a statue it will be a perfect tribute to him. I have a responsibility as an artist. That also inspired me. I know many have made artistic pieces on Sushant but this one is special to me, it’s like a memento for me,” said an emotional Sushanto who is an alumni of Indian Art College.