Engineers are Made but Managers Are Born

neerajchauhan

Neeraj K Chauhan
There may be 1 or 2 examples of non engineers doing innovation but even in day to day life we are managing lots of things.

We all are managers of our own life.. Planning our day to day routine and working within that with close coordination with the people around us is all management.

It is not necessary that all the managers in the companies have Management education but they inherit & develop these qualities same way Engineering cant be inherited.

kushi99r

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
engineers r made n mangers r born i agree but wen engineers turn managers den it is simple superb dey rock as i do

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There is noting like this statement " Managers are born".Its upto the individual to horn his skills mainly interpersonal skills and his ability to convince ppl around him. Afterall everyone is born as child with equal intelligence.It is the envi in which the child grows that makes the diff.Ofcourse, each one has the right and ability to change the envi they live.

-Deepak

ambar_1

true i believe managers are born. infact half of the successful managers havent done MBA, especially marketing canot be taught, it is your own thinking and analysis which takes you forward.

jjaaii

Its upto you how you use your skills mainly interpersonal skills. It depends on the way how you use your skills in your work. It's the hardwork that always pays.

Bruncha

Managers acquire skills of management through learning, experience and coaching. While there may be personality factors that influence your preferences in management style, you learn to be effective.

Management ability is not "inate"

Bruncha

valkiyor

i dnt think managers r born....if dat were so so many mba institutes wont be there and people wnt be tkin admissions...its d entrepreneurs who r born and cannot be made....

I do not think that whether manager or engineer are born or not. All we took birth in the same manner with the empty development of our mind. It is depend on you how long you can go in the future with your interpersonal skills and attitude.

poornima lagadapati

everyone are born. it's all abt how we come up across each and every situation and hurdles.
A manager is not born, but gradually learns from formal training, experiences and idols/ examples that he puts into practice. No manager can be born as no person can't have all the qualities by birth. Note that only when he puts his theories and learnings into practice he becomes a manager.