Dell's new promotional activities for Storage Forum India (3-4 May)

rajivdh

Many organisations are leveraging Social Media to create outreach to the general public for niche events these days. There usually has been a disconnect with the masses at large for such events especially if the events focus on cloud computing and storage servers- Storage Forum India).
Dell has come out with a new campaign(dellstoragebuzz.com) where it is offering to give away its recently released Ultrabook XPS 13 and Smartphones in a contest which users can easily create an account and share its content on various social media handles.

Besides from using social media in regulars promotion which is being seen as a tidal wave of sorts, many companies are using traditional measure to promote such 'non-mainstream' events.

Do you think this is an interesting way of approaching event marketing?

More importantly, would YOU as a regular user would participate?

farhanak.manage

Yes such contests are very exciting. It is similar to purchasing a lotto ticket and waiting to see if you are lucky enough to win it.

Anything that has to do with creating hope, sells !

I regularly participate in these kind of activities.

ankitagaba

It's a nice way to let a lot of people know about the brand. But if it directly leads to sales is a question that only some sales numbers can answer.

People are who participating in such a contest, are they even the target audience?

prat40

Its really great idea of promoting your new product. As every marketer is moving towards social network for promoting, then why not DELL? I think it will give the company a good response.

BruisJem

I think, it's good work that dell started a new promotional activity. Promotional product activity through we can easily promote our brand in the market.