Definition on Probability Distribution Function

Kirtisoni

MP Guru
Hey guy's, I want Definition on Probability Distribution Function. can Anyone help me?

Hello Buddy,

here are the Definition of Probability Distribution Function..

Probability density function

Definition #)

In probability theory, a probability density function (pdf), or density of a continuous random variable, is a function that describes the relative likelihood for this random variable to take on a given value. The probability of the random variable falling within a particular range of values is given by the integral of this variable’s density over that range—that is, it is given by the area under the density function but above the horizontal axis and between the lowest and greatest values of the range. The probability density function is nonnegative everywhere, and its integral over the entire space is equal to one.

Definition #)

Probability Distribution Function is a function which assigns probability to each of the possible outcomes of a random variable. Probability Distribution Function for continuous random variable is called Probability Density Function while the one for discrete random variables is called the Probability Mass Function. The probability distribution function is mainly characterized by cumulative distribution function which represents the summation of probabilities of all possible events.

Hey guy's, I want Definition on Probability Distribution Function. can Anyone help me?

Hey ritesh, as we all know that the probability distribution function is some function that might be applied to determine a specific probability distribution. Well, i am also uploading a document where you would find more detailed information.

Attachments

• Probability Distribution Function.ppt
    1.1 MB · Views: 0