Cricket: Healthy Competition or Mere Entertainment

apurv.shukla

Hi Guys,

it's a cliche if we talk about IPL...T-20...match fixing ..................!!!
but when a thing is capable of driving an economic revolution its surely will take the center stage again and again.

I want to invite your opinions that whether the modern day cricket is really that Competitive or has it become just another piece of Reality Show that serves our hunger for recreation.

Nimesh Thaker

When we ask whether cricket is health competition or mere entertainment, I would say it's a combined package..

Especially an event like T20, IPL. People say such a waste of money, It's ridiculous and insanne. However people fail to look at the broader aspect, The employment oppurtunities that are generated. Also it promotes tourism insdustry with the involvement of foreign players. It contributes to our GDP growth.

I would go a step further ans say betting should be made legal like it is in England. I would add to our national income. This would benefit the nation overall and provide employment opputunities for many jobless people.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
" Cricket: Healthy Competition or Mere Entertainment" - its neither.Cricket is business. More games and more advertisers.Whatever revolves around cricket means profit.Cricket today is midas touch.Merchandising,advertising happens in cricket more than the game.Revenue generation out of every way possible is the concept.Every T20 format is the clear example of this.It has led to the packed schedules for players. A simple maths will tell you this stuff:

Football world cup ( happens once in 4 yrs) - 32 teams = 64 matches.
IPL ( happens every year ) - 8 team = 60 matches.

So, in 4 years you could have watched 240 IPL matches alone which is certainly an overdose.

-Deepak.

Muraly

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
IPL has made a recession into no recession.It plays a vital role in our tourism industry and the growth of our GDP. Its a great cricketainment for many people.

Himanshi Agarwal

Health benefits of cricket

Cricket involves sprinting between wickets and running to stop balls, as well as bowling and throwing. Health benefits include: Endurance and stamina Balance and coordination Physical fitness Improving hand-eye coordination.

poornima lagadapati

Cricket has been an established team sport for hundreds of years and is one of the most popular sports in the world. It originated in England and is now very popular in countries such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, the West Indies and South Africa.

Competitive cricket is essentially a bat and ball sport. It is played by two teams on an oval and involves batting, fielding and bowling. There are 11 players a side and a game can last anywhere from several hours to several days.

Cricket can be played both socially and competitively, by males and females of all ages. While competitive cricket is mostly played on a field, cricket just for fun can be played in backyards, parks, streets or on the beach. You only need a couple of friends, a bat, a ball and something that represents wickets. To play competitively, consider joining a local club.

poornima lagadapati

As well as physical health benefits, cricket can also bring other benefits and opportunities such as:
Team skills
Social skills such as cooperation, communication and learning how to cope with winning and losing
Social interaction – it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.