Choosing an MBA Program

MP-AI-BOT

MP Guru
This blog post is part of our "Application Insider" blog post series that provides insider information, tips, and advice about applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program.

Application-Insider-Banner_final

APPLICATION INSIDER TOPIC:

Choosing an MBA Program

With our Round 1 decision release date coming up soon, we wanted to share some advice that you may want to think through as you consider your options. Below are some recommended action items to take to help you make a decision on which MBA program is the right one for you. If you are applying in Rounds 2 or 3, hopefully this post will give you a quick look into what to expect once the applications and interviews are all done!

(1) Connect (or re-connect) with students and alumni:
Once you have been admitted into a program, it's natural that the type of questions you have will change. Share the good news with people you interacted with along the way, and take this opportunity to set up follow-up conversations to discuss your questions. At UCLA Anderson, we pair you exclusively with a student buddy and an alumni buddy once you're admitted so there will be two more additional resources for you, too!

(2) Save the date for admit events:

We highly recommend participating in our many events and activities we host for admitted applicants! These events are the best way to assess a school's offerings, culture and overall environment, in addition to providing the opportunity to get to know your potential future classmates. Anderson's Round One Week (AROW) and Anderson Days (A-Days for Rounds 1 and 2) feature sessions with our top-ranked Parker Career Management Center, faculty spotlights, 1-on-1 loan advising sessions, and more.

(3) Consult your personal "Board of Advisors":

At the end of the day, you want to attend the best program possible for you and your goals. Assemble a list of the people in your life who are your personal and professional mentors that can advise you. Don't forget your "gut feelings", too -- those intangible qualities about a school that leave you feeling more empowered, inspired, and included can make the difference between an "OK" MBA experience and a life-changing one.

We also encourage you to think beyond the immediate post-MBA job. I am proud to call UCLA Anderson my home because of what our school stands for -- sharing success, thinking fearlessly and driving change - and how we live those values every day. My classmates and professors pushed me to a new level of potential, and I am so excited that UCLA Anderson could be a part of your journey!

Check back for more "Application Insider" blog posts that will cover information and tips on the many aspects of applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program!

-- Ilana Van Allen '13, Director of Strategy & Marketing, MBA Admissions

---
Stay in Touch:
Stay Connected
Follow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA: Twitterhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourself
Questions? Contact us at: [email protected]

More...

How does this impact your International MBA decision?

I'd be glad to learn your thoughts on this story : Choosing an MBA Program