AIMS

hi ,

i want to get the solution of case studies included in Consumer Behavior by Schiffman 9e

can anyone help me in this regard :behindsofa:

thanks in advance !!!!

AIMS

thanks for considering my problem .... here's the case

Consumer Influence and the Diffusion of Innovations

Cellular telephone providers are now realizing that they've made a mistake. For years, they assumed that many teens and college students could not afford to subscribe to postpaid cellular services, and so they pushed prepaid cellular to this group. Wrong! The major cellular telephone companies have finally come to understand that members of the younger generation possess three characteristics that marketers want: (1) they have disposable income (2) they have grown up with technology, and (3) they view the cellular phone as their No. 1 possession. Still further, young adults (age 18 to 34 ) are two or three times more likely to also use services such as e-mail, news, and text alerts, all of which produce additional revenue for the cellular phone company. Just think of all the photographs that teens take with their cellular phones, and all of the ring tones that they pay to download.

QUESTIONS

1. Considering the teenage and college student market segments, what other features can cellular telephone companies offer these groups over the next five to ten years?

2. What role will innovators and opinion leaders play in this era of new cellphone enhancements?

Case from Consumer Behavior by Schiffman

PR_mp

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
This looks like an excellent case study for creative outlet.

Have you come up with any ideas yet?

Next 5 - 10 years is really hard to predict since innovations never though before have been witnessed in just few months.

Mobile TV has already made inroads, internet is already big on cellphones.

VAS like astrology, news, radio are prominent.

Blackberry messenger is one of a kind innovation.

Games, Business applications, GPS , app store like iphone and blackberry is something others would want to replicate.

I'm assuming free VOIP calls through internet, auto call answering, voicemail, movie on demand, multiplayer games, bluetooth / wifi innovations ( read pranav mistry's sixth sense technology ) are somethings they could keenly look into.

What else have you thought of?

AIMS

This looks like an excellent case study for creative outlet.

Have you come up with any ideas yet?

Next 5 - 10 years is really hard to predict since innovations never though before have been witnessed in just few months.

Mobile TV has already made inroads, internet is already big on cellphones.

VAS like astrology, news, radio are prominent.

Blackberry messenger is one of a kind innovation.

Games, Business applications, GPS , app store like iphone and blackberry is something others would want to replicate.

I'm assuming free VOIP calls through internet, auto call answering, voicemail, movie on demand, multiplayer games, bluetooth / wifi innovations ( read pranav mistry's sixth sense technology ) are somethings they could keenly look into.

What else have you thought of?

Thanks for sharing valuable ideas and opinions !

What I think cellphone services providers may provide the facility of making transactions through cellphones more like credit/debit cards. On big malls and shopping centers, fuel filling stations or departmental stores , saying CELLPHONE TRANSACTION ACCEPTED.

Moreover, these service providers can make an investment plan kind of offering in which youth is motivated to make SAVINGS through cellphone. They may offer some return on amount exceeding certain limit. And users may be allowed the encashment of savings upto certain limit. This can be useful for both service providers and users especially youth, who wants immediate availability of money when wallet empties.

Talking about multimedia enhancement, the LIVE VIDEO TRANSMISSION from one place to another via cellphone is an attractive deal for young generation. This can be provided by using internet technology. Most of the times when we are shopping for some high involvement product like dresses we wish to have opinion from some family member or friend. This feature will help in shopping. Video call is an option but that is not feasible until the recipient's phone also support the video call feature. But most of the phones today support internet and video streaming.

well you haven't given clue about the 2nd question i-e What role will innovators and opinion leaders play in this era of new cellphone enhancements? bit confused about it :dizzy: