The Hindi press threat

sunandaC

The Hindi press threat –

This may not quite have dawned on India's English language newspaper barons, but the biggest challenge they face may come not from within their own English language newspaper fraternity but from aggressive Hindi newspaper groups.

A member of the Agarwal family, which runs the Rs 1,800 crore (Rs 18 billion) Dainik Bhaskar group (the group has a presence in the oil and cable TV industry too, and the newspaper business accounts for Rs 850 crore (Rs 8.5 billion) of group turnover), recently told a journalist that the group wanted to be right there at the pinnacle and for that to happen, it had to enter the English print media.

The Hindi press threat –

This may not quite have dawned on India's English language newspaper barons, but the biggest challenge they face may come not from within their own English language newspaper fraternity but from aggressive Hindi newspaper groups.

A member of the Agarwal family, which runs the Rs 1,800 crore (Rs 18 billion) Dainik Bhaskar group (the group has a presence in the oil and cable TV industry too, and the newspaper business accounts for Rs 850 crore (Rs 8.5 billion) of group turnover), recently told a journalist that the group wanted to be right there at the pinnacle and for that to happen, it had to enter the English print media.

Hey friend, i would like to tell you that you are doing very nice work and i really appreciate it. Well, i have also got some important information on The Hindi press threat and would like to share it with you which would help many people here.

Attachments

• The Hindi press threat.pdf
    413.7 KB · Views: 0