Personal Update

MP-AI-BOT

MP Guru
I write to share directly with each of you, that after six and a half years as the head of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid at HBS, I have accepted a position to serve as head of strategy in the Provost’s Office at Yale University, starting in January 2023. I hope you don’t mind a longer post than usual as I reflect.

As I shared with my team earlier this afternoon, Harvard Business School has changed my life. I distinctly remember being in your shoes applying to business schools, now about 12 years ago. I was hopeful but also worried that HBS might be out of reach for me, someone who grew up in a small, rural town in the western US. I will always be grateful to have been admitted to and subsequently transformed by HBS, first as a student and now as a member of the team.

The remarkable thing about HBS is that my story is not unique. More than any organization I’ve known, this is a place dedicated to its mission: to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. As an Admissions and Financial Aid team, we are working hard to broaden who considers HBS by making the program more accessible and affordable. We believe that enrolling students from a variety of backgrounds will enhance the learning that happens at HBS and help us fulfill our mission.

I will be at HBS through Round 1 and the end of the calendar year. In the new year, my experienced and dedicated colleagues will continue supporting you as the search for my replacement unfolds. Rest assured, the admissions and financial aid processes and criteria will remain the same during this interim period.

Let me close by thanking you for the work you are doing in your own organizations, companies, and communities to make business a force for good in society. I have always felt that one of the humbling honors of our work is getting to know you and feeling inspired by your potential to make a difference in the world. Even with all the challenges today, you give us all a sense of optimism about the future, and we’re grateful for your interest in HBS.

Given what HBS has done for me personally, I hope you too will apply and give yourself the chance to be transformed by this place.

More...

How does this impact your International MBA decision?

I'd be glad to learn your thoughts on this story : Personal Update

Whats your opinion?