Group Discussion queries

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Hi guys,
This thread is mainly about the queries which u have in ur mind regarding Group Discussion. It can related to the tips u need to follow during a GD, what u are supposed to do there, what not.. and every other doubt u might be carrying.

So come forward and post ur doubts. However, before u begin make sure to check out the following threads.

Newbie FAQs

Concept Behind ONLINE GD

as many tips and tricks, Dos and Don't etc have been covered in their posts.

Kartik and Nikhil being the experts can answer to ur queries and i can share my knowledge what i learnt at TIME. This way we can compile a ready reckoner of the essentials of a Group Discussion.

Please note,
do not use this thread to post ur queries regarding ONLINE GD.... I have written a well-documented thread for that which is self explanatory!!

Regards,
Gaurav

Last edited:

dextar

Hi This is Nitin Jain . Just want to know whether starting the Group Discussion always fetch u some extra marks? Shd we always try to start the GD first?

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
dextar said:
Hi This is Nitin Jain . Just want to know whether starting the Group Discussion always fetch u some extra marks? Shd we always try to start the GD first?
If u know what to speak, then don't wait... Take the lead and start. The moderators would give u undivided attention. That would surely fetch u marks bcoz their entire concentration would be on u!. Just ensure that u actually know what to say, because if u don't the moderators would give u undivided attention to even cut ur marks.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
A few observations from the sessions i've conducted.

a) You should maintain silence when in the conference.

b) Do not pin point at a person, i.e. accuse him or her.

c) Do not mock or make ridiculous gestures. Remember u got to be formal.

d) Stick to ur points. Do not deviate.

e) When concluding, remember not to give ur opinion again and again. It is a place where u SUMMARIZE. So stick to it.

Violating any of these rules, will reduce ur marks in an actual GD.

keshwendu

Hi I m not getting information about next gd. The next Gd thread is also not updated for a long time still gds are going on. Please any body help me where to get information about next gd. Is u have formed another thread for that.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
keshwendu said:
Hi I m not getting information about next gd. The next Gd thread is also not updated for a long time still gds are going on. Please any body help me where to get information about next gd. Is u have formed another thread for that.
I was out of station earlier and later busy with some work and hence could not take the GDs. Yesterday, i had some time and hence the GD was conducted.

However, be rest assured, i will try my level best to take the GDs as per schedule.

Hi guys,
This thread is mainly about the queries which u have in ur mind regarding Group Discussion. It can related to the tips u need to follow during a GD, what u are supposed to do there, what not.. and every other doubt u might be carrying.

So come forward and post ur doubts. However, before u begin make sure to check out the following threads.

Newbie FAQs

Concept Behind ONLINE GD

as many tips and tricks, Dos and Don't etc have been covered in their posts.

Kartik and Nikhil being the experts can answer to ur queries and i can share my knowledge what i learnt at TIME. This way we can compile a ready reckoner of the essentials of a Group Discussion.

Please note,
do not use this thread to post ur queries regarding ONLINE GD.... I have written a well-documented thread for that which is self explanatory!!

Regards,
Gaurav

Hey gaurav, thanks for the information and it is very crucial for the people who are preparing for the GD. I am also uploading a document which will let the people know how to prepare for GD.

Attachments

• group discussion do's and dont's.pdf
    169.9 KB · Views: 0

venisingh216

What we should do... in a group discussion.. is there or particular body language which can affect or attract others.. ??? heard by a senior that your personality does more than half work..