sunandaC

BOMBAY: This includes Bombay city and suburbs, Thane district, parts of Maharashtra (like Pune, Solapur, Satara, Kolhapur, Sangli, Ichalkaranji etc. etc.), Gujarat, Saurashtra and parts of Karnataka.

DELHI-U.P.: Includes Delhi city and suburbs and Uttar Pradesh.

EAST PUNJAB: This covers Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

EASTERN CIRCUIT: This is further sub-divided into four sub-circuits. A distributor may acquire the entire Eastern circuit rights or he may acquire one or more sub- circuit rights: * West Bengal * Bihar and Nepal * Assam * Orissa.

C.P.C.I. RAJASTHAN: This, too, is actually divided into three sub-circuits.

C.P. (or C.P. Berar) — which stands for Central Province and comprises parts of Maharashtra (Amravati, Akola, Jalgaon, etc. etc.), and parts of Madhya Pradesh (Raipur, Jabalpur, etc.)

C.I. — which stands for Central India. This consists of parts of Madhya Pradesh (Indore, Ratlam, Gwalior, Ujjain, Bhopal. etc.)

RAJASTHAN — covers the entire desert state.

SOUTH: This territory is today broken up into four sub- territories:

Nizam — consisting of parts of Andhra Pradesh and parts of Maharashtra.

Andhra — consisting of parts of Andhra Pradesh

Mysore — comprising stations like Bangalore, Davengere etc. — the part of Karnataka, which does not form part of Bombay circuit.

Tamil Nadu and Kerala.

At one time, Bombay, Delhi-U.P. and Eastern Circuit were the three major circuits, the other being smaller, and therefore, not major circuits. But, today, Bombay is the real major circuit. That means a film’s ratio is the price for which it is sold for the Bombay circuit. Given that Bombay is a major circuit, the prices of other circuits are calculated as percentage of the Bombay prices. By and large, these percentages are fixed.

BOMBAY: 100%

DELHI-U.P.: 80-85% (but if it is an action film, Delhi-U.P. is also 100% — or, in other words, it is a major circuit for an action film).

EAST PUNJAB: 40%

EASTERN CIRCUIT: 85%

C.P.C.I. RAJASTHAN: 80%

SOUTH: 48%