Rural enterprises India - Need contact and information material

Peppe2405

Hi there

I'm writting a thesis in Marketing concerning new sales channel in rural enterprises. Therefor I need material and contact partners who can help me to deal with this big ballon. I want to analyse concept like Unilevers' "Shakti" and P&Gs' "Golden Store" programm and based on that facts create a new idea.

I would be glad if anyone can help me!

sincerly

Peppe2405

Thanks for your fast response. I'm through all your links but I need some more detailed information how Shakti and Golden Store really work.

Shakti seem to be a house to house selling without a store. So the women travel from one house to another?!

Golden Store seem to be a delivery from display and products, pay-off-coupons and promotion ideas to implement the products into rural enterprises, so in stores. The idea seem to be to place P&G's products into shelfs so the package catches consumers attantion.

So what about the background? Any reports?

sincerly

ankitgokani

MP Guru
Thanks for your fast response. I'm through all your links but I need some more detailed information how Shakti and Golden Store really work.

Shakti seem to be a house to house selling without a store. So the women travel from one house to another?!

Golden Store seem to be a delivery from display and products, pay-off-coupons and promotion ideas to implement the products into rural enterprises, so in stores. The idea seem to be to place P&G's products into shelfs so the package catches consumers attantion.

So what about the background? Any reports?

sincerly

well i will give u the exact way how shakti works here is the doucment i have made and it has in detail analysis

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/marketing-management/23086-project-hul-shakti.html

Peppe2405

Thanks a lot for the amazing document about HUL distribution networking. It was excaktly the thing I was looking for. Also a good thing is a Book from C.K. Prahalad. There is a text about Shakti in details. The Titel of the book is The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid.
For P&G Golden Store is nothing really interesting in the newspaper just some fragments but nothing in details. Is there anybody who can help?

I'm now looking how the micro-credit work for rural people and working on Amway. This seems to be the biggest advantage for all. For rural enviroment and for the industrie (Win-Win).

Himanshi Agarwal

Rural entrepreneurship is largely envisioned around rural industrialization. These industries include the traditional sector (khadi and village industries, handloom, sericulture, handicraft and coir) and the modern sector (power looms and small scale industries).

poornima lagadapati

In the era of globalization, entrepreneurship development in the rural context is a challenge. According to 2011 Census 68.84% people are living in rural areas of India. People in rural areas suffer with unemployment, poor infrastructure facilities which may be solved with the development of the rural entrepreneurs. “Rural entrepreneurship can be defined as entrepreneurship emerging at village level which can take place in a variety of fields of endeavor such as business, industry, agriculture and acts as a potent factor for economic development”. But, these rural entrepreneurs are suffering with various problems like fear of risk, lack of finance, illiteracy, and competition from the urban entrepreneurs. Rural entrepreneurs increase the standard of living and purchasing power of the people by offering employment opportunity to the people in villages. This paper is an attempt to understand the problems and challenges for rural entrepreneurship in the context of rural development in India and possible suggestions to overcome the problems. Key Words: Rural entrepreneurs, Issues and Challenges, Rural Development, Suggestions