VALUES v/s SKILLS

abhishreshthaa

WHY VALUES?

• Our effectiveness at work is tied to exercising intrinsic human values i.e., moral and ethical values.

• These human values support established business values such as service, communication, innovation, creativity, excellence, credibility and co-ordination. The human values help self- development.

• Managerial functions such as direction, control, supervision and communication, integration and co-ordination are much easier.

• These values help good interpersonal interactions. They reduce conflicts and disputes.

• They are the part and parcel of achieving accelerated process improvement, customer, workers and citizen satisfaction.

• They enhance reputation and goodwill of the organization.

• We seek fulfillment, happiness and success. It is a combination of inner and outer achievement.

• Inner fulfillment is related to our spiritual, mental, emotional and physical enrichment.

• The outer achievement is related to achieving set goals, using one's talent and experience for the benefit of others (employees, customers, clients and public).

• Self- development is the development of the whole being.

VALUES Vs. SKILLS

•  To 'become' we need values. To 'do' we need skills.

•  'Becoming ' (needing values) must preceed 'doing' (needing skills) in value- oriented management. Values act as base of skills.

•  Values are the means of perfection. Skills must have sound system of values as the base. Otherwise one can manipulate skills e.g. communication. Skills may be misused for manipulating men, money and materials if management ignores values.

•  Values are internal; dealing with internal development of a person, purifying mind and heart. The person becomes good in thought, in speech, in action, job or work. Skills only make a person proficient. Values are the means of perfection of personality.

•  The field of values is governed by union, holism and relatedness. The area ruled by skills is division, fragmentation and separation.

•  Values bring about excellence and universal good i.e. soft-ware aspect. Skills see us through mechanics of management i.e., hard- ware aspect. Both means and ends must have values.

 Skills are not enduring due to fatigue. Values are enduring.

Skills change with passage of time. Policy is flexible. Principles and values are not. We have permanent fundamental values.

jiten005

Banned
WHY VALUES?

• Our effectiveness at work is tied to exercising intrinsic human values i.e., moral and ethical values.

• These human values support established business values such as service, communication, innovation, creativity, excellence, credibility and co-ordination. The human values help self- development.

• Managerial functions such as direction, control, supervision and communication, integration and co-ordination are much easier.

• These values help good interpersonal interactions. They reduce conflicts and disputes.

• They are the part and parcel of achieving accelerated process improvement, customer, workers and citizen satisfaction.

• They enhance reputation and goodwill of the organization.

• We seek fulfillment, happiness and success. It is a combination of inner and outer achievement.

• Inner fulfillment is related to our spiritual, mental, emotional and physical enrichment.

• The outer achievement is related to achieving set goals, using one's talent and experience for the benefit of others (employees, customers, clients and public).

• Self- development is the development of the whole being.

VALUES Vs. SKILLS

•  To 'become' we need values. To 'do' we need skills.

•  'Becoming ' (needing values) must preceed 'doing' (needing skills) in value- oriented management. Values act as base of skills.

•  Values are the means of perfection. Skills must have sound system of values as the base. Otherwise one can manipulate skills e.g. communication. Skills may be misused for manipulating men, money and materials if management ignores values.

•  Values are internal; dealing with internal development of a person, purifying mind and heart. The person becomes good in thought, in speech, in action, job or work. Skills only make a person proficient. Values are the means of perfection of personality.

•  The field of values is governed by union, holism and relatedness. The area ruled by skills is division, fragmentation and separation.

•  Values bring about excellence and universal good i.e. soft-ware aspect. Skills see us through mechanics of management i.e., hard- ware aspect. Both means and ends must have values.

 Skills are not enduring due to fatigue. Values are enduring.

Skills change with passage of time. Policy is flexible. Principles and values are not. We have permanent fundamental values.

Hey friend, i am really impressed by your effort and also thanks for sharing the information on VALUES v/s SKILLS as i need it for my project. Well, i am also uploading a document where you would find some useful information.

Attachments

• VALUES vs SKILLS.pdf
    132.3 KB · Views: 0